View Full Version : Today was a good day!

Mary
03-22-04, 10:55 PM
Today was better than usual. Thank goodness! But today was also sunny and dry.. not damp and cloudy.

Draga
03-22-04, 10:58 PM
Hugss, Mary I am glad you had a good day...I hope you have many More!

Nucking_Futs
03-23-04, 01:13 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve a good day Mary,,,I'm so happy you have finally gotten what you deserve and hopefully there will be many, many more. Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and more hugs infinity x infinity there you can't beat that mel. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya Mary keep your head up
Cherity

apcpapergirl
03-23-04, 04:44 AM
I'm soooo glad you had a good day. You deserve it!

Mary
03-23-04, 10:09 PM
Thanks all of you... I am so glad it was good.. I had another good day today. Beautiful sunny weather and around 50 degrees. We are supposed to have 60's by Friday..only with rain.. I'll see what happens then.

joanrdtobe
03-24-04, 05:17 PM
Mary: I hope each of the days ahead is better than the day before.....and that you feel good AND have good weather:)

Mary
03-24-04, 08:44 PM
:(.. sorry to report.. it's been raining most of the day... I am in such pain tonight that it feels like someone is grinding an icepick into my spine about half way up.

I stayed home from practice tonight, because I didnt think I could make it through an hour and a half of practice even with a stool. I took a muscle relaxer and am sitting here with a heating pad.

Mary
03-26-04, 11:32 PM
The week has gone from bad to worse.... I have barely been able to walk since Wednesday. I have been having to use my cane this afternoon. No strength in my legs either...can't even get the footrest on my chair back down.

I called my rheumatologist this afternoon..he called in a prescription for darvacet. Since I have taken the med and been using the heating pad it's been bearable.

I didn't even want to go anywhere today, but had to.

Spirit
03-27-04, 03:18 AM
AHH Huggz Mary,

I know how you feel, it's been raining most of the week here and I've been perched on my heating pads yes plural..lol.. I have one on my back, one on each knee that gets rotated from my hips to my ankles, and one on each shoulder, which get moved up and down my arms as well.

I'm out of pain meds, and no insurance. The stupid Dr wants me to come in and be seen before they prescribe anything more. I can't afford a $75.00 office visit right now. GRRRR

I'm very frustrated right now as well. My step-dads (who passed away last Nov of 2000) sister who now owns this place is making living here a horrible nightmare. She nit picks at the stupidest things. Sede had a bone in the front yard toward the field out front. (FYI I live in the country so far back that you have to go through a pasture to get to my house) And I get a nasty letter stating that all my dogs toys, bones, sticks etc..must be picked up or we will be evicted. What a biatch. It's not like anyone can see this yard unless they either come out here or fly over it. Geesh.
So with this added stress I'm really in agony.

I think I'm gonna run away..LOL Now if I can figure out how to do that without being in agony. ;)

Mary
03-27-04, 09:32 PM
Ahhh,,, Spirit..big hugs back to ya. Sorry she is being so mean to you. I think what I need to do is get the heating blanket out and stick it all around me when I am like this. Simple things like going to the bathroom or walking to the door or kitchen are almost impossible lately.

I am hoping the doctor will prescribe a scooter for me.. (that is what they said it would take when I talked to them) so I have my fingers crossed.

The cane is not as sturdy as it needs to be...and I've been thinking about getting a portable walker for in the house.

Thanks for responding LaDonna!

redletterruth
03-28-04, 12:59 AM
Hugggs Spirit,
Ive missed seeing your posts. Im sorry things are so hard for you right now. Hang in there kiddo....things can only get so bad before they get better....maybe you're supposed to move?
I love you hon,

Mary
03-29-04, 06:28 PM
Today hasn't been so bad.... Spirit, I hope you're feeling better. It is so depressing to not be able to get of bed like yesterday. I was miserable.

jaimegerise
03-29-04, 07:25 PM
Everyday is a good day with Mary around :D

redletterruth
03-29-04, 07:33 PM
I'll second that!

Mary
03-29-04, 08:58 PM
Awww thanks Jaime and Claudia.. I appreciate you gals more than you'll ever know.

Spirit
03-30-04, 10:48 PM
I third that. :D

Ya I agree Mary. It's a blessing in disguise. We are officially evicted as of today. And I have talked my doctor into some Vicodin and Ultram. Vicodin when it gets really bad. I told him it was the only way I was going to be able to get this house all packed up. I have not only the half of my stuff that I unpacked to pack back up. (I still have half of our stuff in boxes I hadn't unpacked due to lack of room.) But I have all of mom's stuff too pack as well.

Saturday was a good day for me..but oh mother nature had to go and let another cold front move in. :mad:

Huggz Claudia. I miss reading your posts as well hon. Just been to darn busy. But I suspect ;) that I will have plenty of time after we get moved and settled in. It will be summer and that means, relaxation because boogie won't have to go to school everyday and she is becoming quite a big help around the house. (Thank Goodness that kid loves her momma.)

I'm so thankful for the relationship that Amber and I have. I count my self very fortunate & lucky for this.

Huggz & Kisses
With much Love for all of my friends I have met over the past several years.

redletterruth
03-31-04, 12:41 AM
Spirit,
Where are you going to live? Are you OK with that? I am glad you are going to be out of a very negative situation, and I'm glad you have some medication for your pain. What's happening girlfriend?

Mary
04-01-04, 06:33 PM
I know some of you already know this, but last week it became almost impossible for me to walk. I spent most of the week flat in bed or in my recliner. The pain was so excruciating that I called the doctor on Friday and he prescribed Darvocet. They also gave me an appointment for Tuesday morning this week. Well I went... they took me in and the doctor checked me over and then went after another doctor for an in office consult. Both felt my back, my leg joints, my feet, my wrists and all the bones in my hands. There was excessive swelling near all the joints.

The doctor started looking at all of my test results from the blood test I had done the week of the 18th. He said everything looked good except for the inflammation levels. They were high. I had to have another blood test done at their lab and then xrays downstairs. I haven't heard the results of those yet and I have to be back in a months time.

The doctor thinks that it's possible that I have inflammatory arthritis. On top of everything else that has happened to my body in the last 2 years. Yes I know we are never given more than we can handle, but I am so tired of having something else go wrong.

I asked him about one of those mobility chairs. He didn't seem averse to the idea. So hopefully he'll sign an order for me to get one. Keep your fingers crossed, please!

apcpapergirl
04-01-04, 07:08 PM
Fingers, toes, AND eyes crossed, Mary.
Love ya
Vickie

Mary
04-01-04, 07:14 PM
Thank you so much hon.

Onwari
05-18-04, 08:25 AM
Mary I am sorry to hear of your awful pain. It is hard to imagine having it that bad. You are in my thoughts Mary. Thanks for the motivational quote! Dani

Mary
05-31-04, 02:24 AM
Thank you Dani!!

Mary
11-16-04, 04:58 PM
Today has not been a very good day. Rain brings on awful pain. It's like I am a walking barometer. When it's sunny out I actually feel quite good! Anyone else noticing this?