View Full Version : Friday 11/21 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
11-20-08, 11:22 PM
Let us know how your week went right here. Tell us when you worked out, what you did, how you feel, weight loss or gain, etc. As per usual, I'll post my numbers in the morning. If I don't in the morning, then you can assume that I woke up late and had to run to work, because tomorrow is a long day for my wife and I and we start earlier than normal.

I hope you all had a good week!

Mike

mADD mike
11-21-08, 12:47 PM
Well, I didn't feel too well this week, with some sort of head cold/sinus deal going on. But, I did manage to do some light workouts a couple of times. I did some Wed and Thurs, and I think some last weekend as well. Gained 2 pounds that I previously lost. Just a bad week. Better next week though.

So, how about you?

20trackedmind
11-21-08, 02:44 PM
I am down 2 lb to 134lbs. I would like to say it is from great dieting, but it was a result of being sicker than a dog on Wednesday and being dehydrated. But I am claiming it anyhow.

I have been riding at night almost every other night. I make sure to do at least 20 minutes posting trot on each horse so it is a nice little workout for me. I also have been keeping up with my yoga. I did 30 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, and then Thursday after I started feeling better.

goddessonahiway
11-21-08, 02:46 PM
- 5 lbs.
Worked out every day.

First off, I had the huge benefit of my 1st few days on Adderall during the last week. Although I had no increase in energy, I did have a great decrease in appetite for the 1st couple of days. I lost most of the weight then. So I doubt I'll have a repeat performance. That's alright since it's not the healthiest thing to lose weight that quickly. I do only have 9 #'s of summer weight to go now. Then it's all about maintaining (that CAN be the hardest part!).

I hiked several miles on a moderately difficult trail last Saturday. I rode my MTB 15 miles on Sunday. I did one or more of the following each day for the rest of the week including today: 1) walking 2 -3 miles @ brisk pace 2) exercise bike 3) Wii Fit 4) free weights.

That's it for this week!

lostranslation
11-21-08, 03:00 PM
20 minutes on aerobic rider each day. Haven't had a cigarette since November 9th, so exercise is getting easier!

justcallmedorie
11-21-08, 04:26 PM
20 minutes on aerobic rider each day. Haven't had a cigarette since November 9th, so exercise is getting easier!
Congratulation! I quit May 26th of this year, so I've almost got 6 months under my belt. You can do it!!!!!

justcallmedorie
11-21-08, 04:28 PM
Down 1.5 to 115 (geez, only 2 more to my new goal, then I've GOT to quit losing, never thought I'd hear myself say THAT!).

Fri - 2.5 miles - ran
Sat - nothing
Sun - skated for an hour
Mon - 2.5 miles - walk/run
Tue - 2.5 miles - ran
Wed - nothing
Thu - 2.5 miles walk/run

LostInTheStars
11-21-08, 08:12 PM
Wow, great job everybody! :D

I gained 2 pounds and worked out Wed and Thurs. I also worked out last weekend.

mADD mike
11-22-08, 12:27 AM
- 5 lbs.
Worked out every day.

First off, I had the huge benefit of my 1st few days on Adderall during the last week. Although I had no increase in energy, I did have a great decrease in appetite for the 1st couple of days. I lost most of the weight then. So I doubt I'll have a repeat performance. That's alright since it's not the healthiest thing to lose weight that quickly. I do only have 9 #'s of summer weight to go now. Then it's all about maintaining (that CAN be the hardest part!).

I hiked several miles on a moderately difficult trail last Saturday. I rode my MTB 15 miles on Sunday. I did one or more of the following each day for the rest of the week including today: 1) walking 2 -3 miles @ brisk pace 2) exercise bike 3) Wii Fit 4) free weights.

That's it for this week!

Great way to kick things off!

How do you like the Wii Fit? We bought one, and my wife can use it, but I can't. Seems my palms get sweaty when I work out, and I can't keep my hands on it for things like push ups. Maybe my form on it is bad. I don't know, but I got frustrated with it really quick. It is a really cool idea, and I really wanted to be able to play with it, but for now Wii Sports is all I play. My wife likes it, so it wasn't money thrown away anyway. I think she likes the yoga a lot.

Prusilusken
11-22-08, 06:51 PM
Sat: Exercise; none - kJ; Okay.
Sun: Exercise; none - kJ; Good.
Mon: Exercise; 1 1/2h dance class - kJ; Good.
Tues: Exercise; 1 1/2h dance class - kJ; Okay.
Wed: Exercise; none - kJ; Good.
Thur: Exercise; none - kJ; Number, fine, but very high on fat. It's till okay, though.
Fri: Exercise: 1/2h walk and ate like a pig (friend bought me dinner on restaurant, so...:))
Sat: Nephew's babtism: No exercise and ate like a swine.
Drank loads of Coca Cola too - yummy!

Exercise: Wish it was better, but it isn't.
But that doesn't mean it won't be again. ;)

Foods: It's okay. I am not on a strict diet, and I feel that when it is celebration tiime, it's celebration time, which basically means eating time, heh...I'm fine.
Think I didn't gain or loose anything, and the rest of the week I did surprisingly well, considering how puny I've been most days, and how much my sleeping pattern has was messed up. Messes with my appetite a lot.

goddessonahiway
11-22-08, 08:51 PM
Great way to kick things off!

How do you like the Wii Fit? We bought one, and my wife can use it, but I can't. Seems my palms get sweaty when I work out, and I can't keep my hands on it for things like push ups. Maybe my form on it is bad. I don't know, but I got frustrated with it really quick. It is a really cool idea, and I really wanted to be able to play with it, but for now Wii Sports is all I play. My wife likes it, so it wasn't money thrown away anyway. I think she likes the yoga a lot.

Honestly, it's ok. I think the exercises are really short.. A few of them are cool though. I kinda stick with just the ones I like. I just don't like having to go through all the clicking "A" over and over just to workout for 2 minutes! It is cool that it tracks everything for me (weight & amt of exercise including stuff off the Wii) so that makes it worth checking in each day. We picked up Wii Ski at the same time and my husband loves it!

I'm so amused by the Mii's though! lol If you don't log in for a few days they get bored and start falling asleep. Oh how easy it is to make me laugh. :D

meriellyn
11-23-08, 12:29 AM
I guess I'll hafta take my bye week or something. I'm insanely sick. It'll be a few more days before I'll be off bed rest and back to functioning.
And you couldn't pay me enough to go near a scale right now. :P

DesertDave
11-23-08, 01:08 AM
Hey I did 4 days this week. I don't know why I put off doing it -- I always feel better afterwards. When am I going to convince myself of that.

No idea if I gained or lost. I'm find with my poundage as it is.

amythyst
11-23-08, 01:37 AM
Down 1 pound from last week...I'm hoping that it's not just normal fluctuations and that I'll lose more next week. I've been eating a bit better too so that helps.

I walked 5 days this week for at least an hour...it was below freezing so maybe the cold helped me burn some extra calories :)

LostInTheStars
11-25-08, 12:10 AM
Honestly, it's ok. I think the exercises are really short.. A few of them are cool though. I kinda stick with just the ones I like. I just don't like having to go through all the clicking "A" over and over just to workout for 2 minutes! It is cool that it tracks everything for me (weight & amt of exercise including stuff off the Wii) so that makes it worth checking in each day. We picked up Wii Ski at the same time and my husband loves it!

I'm so amused by the Mii's though! lol If you don't log in for a few days they get bored and start falling asleep. Oh how easy it is to make me laugh. :D

I was just working out on the Wii Fit tonight, and noticed that you can pick how many reps you want to do of certain exercises. Not that I am up to upping my reps yet! It turns out that my upper body needs work. When I do leg exercises, my trainer comments on how strong I am. Then I do the push up / plank. :o He tells me I'm not quite ready for these yet! Either count or shut up! :p