View Full Version : Is there anyone who is a procastinator?

ADXP
11-24-08, 10:33 AM
I am such a pro on it. Like its been along time I like to take a class on keyboarding.

Is typing also an ADD sign? I type so slow. I can never remember where are the letter keys.

Any idea out there? Appreciate in advance

Dex

ndnbutterfly
11-24-08, 10:46 AM
Umm...anyone NOT a procrastinator?!:)

I've been like that my whole life and it seems to get worse as I get older and have to do more things for my kids!

Like remembering that they have to be somewhere...20 minutes ago!!!

I type ok, but often forget or mix up the keys!;)

So you are definately NOT alone!

Nikki

sarey
11-24-08, 10:53 AM
I'm like that, but I can touch type so I'm pretty fast. Though my thoughts are faster than my words lol! So I usually type in a rush and make so many mistakes on the way. But I do procrastinate and because my memory is crap, I usually end up forgetting and then remembering when it's too late or something. Like this morning, supposed to bring in my w/e diary, mum told me, got a bath, dressed, got in the car, down the road, I remember&I'm like 'SHHHITTTTT I FORGOT AGAIN!!'

But I do procrastinate and leave things till last minute or I say 'I'll do it later' etc.

sarek
11-24-08, 11:02 AM
I type very fast.

But I have to because I usually need to go back three more times before the most glaring errors are gone.

pADDyjay
11-24-08, 12:13 PM
:) woops I heard someone describing me:) why do it now when I can do it later, ran out of gas once because I thought I could do it later:o although I am much better now:)

aidy
11-24-08, 12:44 PM
hehe
everybody here procrastinates, probably :)

about typing, you just need to take up touchtyping sometime
a way to do it is to get rid of the characters on the keyboard keys, you'll be forced to memorise all the keys
you can also get some typing tutor program and practice with that every day (that's boring though but you'll be super fast compared to your current speed within a week)

ADHDNEWB
11-24-08, 02:07 PM
I'm the KING of procrastinating. I also type very fast. But I guess that's just from using a computer all day long.

:p:):D:rolleyes:;)

Driver
11-24-08, 04:00 PM
I'm fast typist (come with the territory of being a programmer) and a notorious procrastinator...which I'll get 'round to fixing...soon.

stef
11-24-08, 06:02 PM
so you're all saying the faster you type the more you procrastinate ? :)

I learned to type in a secretarial class. We learned on actual electric typewriters. My thoughts go faster than my typing wow was I ever happy when we got to use the computers. (this was so long ago that diskettes and windows 2.0 were an innovation).
YES I procrastinate gleefully. I don't let this bother me too much anymore.
If you live by the motto about don't put off what you can do today, you'd be just as busy as as if you put everything off... right...?

ADXP
11-24-08, 06:35 PM
[quote=stef;666960]so you're all saying the faster you type the more you procrastinate ? :)

Yeah something like that but the other way around .I thought it is parallel.
Quick analogy tho.

RedSkittles
02-23-09, 01:53 AM
Me. In fact, it is 1:00 AM and I still need to do my 2 page hand written essay. :-/ oh well. lolz

noodlzzz
02-23-09, 12:08 PM
Procrastination is associated with ADHD because it is due to too much / too little X (wiki will tell you this, dont want to go on there though as I tend to get lost on that site...) in the frontal lobes where ADHD is also associated with

I type I think 90 words a minute

iGAL
05-04-09, 05:20 AM
I'm the master of procastination :D
I can even get a Ph.D in this area.

"Tommorow i will start learning for my exams."

and many others.