View Full Version : Desoxyn

carriie
11-24-08, 03:53 PM
I see my dr. today and would like to try something other than Adderall (which isnít so condusive now). Wondering if anyone gets rx for Desoxyn?

E4rolls
11-24-08, 07:16 PM
I see my dr. today and would like to try something other than Adderall (which isnít so condusive now). Wondering if anyone gets rx for Desoxyn?

I would be terrified to ask my Pdoc to prescribe Desoxyn. I think red flags would go up and I would lose doctor/patient trust. IDK how anyone gets away with asking for such a powerful stimulant. I wish you good luck with that ;-)

carriie
11-24-08, 11:33 PM
OMG! I asked my dr. about it and his small slanted eyeballs just about popped out of his head. I regret asking about it, I don't want him to get red flags. Anyways, left with a rx for Concerta.

jeffpuffer
12-14-08, 11:44 PM
Most of the doctors and pharmacists I've talked to have never even heard of it (and my pdoc works at Mayo Clinic).

Contrapunctus
12-15-08, 12:32 AM
Yes, it is prescribed, although quite rarely. My doctor rx'ed it for me; it was actually his suggestion. Obviously, yes he must trust me somewhat...

It is really quite expensive, and is much less stimulating than adderall or even dexedrine. It may not be the best option for ADHD-PI, unless you can't stand the Adderall side-effects. Because my ADHD is entirely hyperactive, the desoxyn was quite effective, as it was more sedating than d-amph...

The main benefit of desoxyn is that is has much fewer side-effects than d-amphetamine. It is truly not any more powerful than d-amphetamine, and in some regards it is even less potent (release of NE, CNS-stimulation, etc)...

I still prefer focalin...

watts
12-15-08, 01:12 AM
Doctor's and Pharmacist's who say they have never heard of it are flat out lying...FACT

jeffpuffer
12-15-08, 07:41 PM
Doctor's and Pharmacist's who say they have never heard of it are flat out lying...FACT

I work with these pharmacists... trust me they wouldn't lie to me.

Contrapunctus
12-15-08, 09:14 PM
There are plenty of inept physicians and pharmacists. It is entirely possible that some of these individuals may be unfamiliar with Desoxyn...

dacres
12-17-08, 06:45 AM
You know what, jeffpuffer, your posts don't make sense.

I could totally see doctors not having heard of Desoxyn. But pharmacists? Are you kidding me?

Like.

Nevermind. I'm not even going to touch that one.
Other than maybe suggest the place hiring a new pharmacist... who like... actually went to pharmacy school or something.

lanstrat
12-25-08, 06:01 PM
Desoxyn was the first suggestion my newest psychiatrist made (I had been on 19 psychiatric medications before seeing him), stating that in his experience it has the best side effect profile.