View Full Version : Friday 11/28 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
11-27-08, 10:31 PM
Well, another week, another results thread. Here is the place to tell everyone how your week went. I'll put my report in tomorrow, as I usually do, and I'm starting this thread a little early because we have a long work day tomorrow. So, more from me later. Show us what you did this week.

Later,
Mike

goddessonahiway
11-27-08, 11:47 PM
Oh man. I SOOOOO don't want to weigh myself the morning after Thanksgiving! ACK!

;)

mADD mike
11-28-08, 12:20 AM
Lol, it won't be that bad. If it is, it will just make your numbers look that much better next week.:D

Hey, on a side note, my wife and I went geocaching today. I put a few pics up on my profile in a new album that I'll add to as the winter progresses. It was fun. You and your husband will love it.

Mike

mADD mike
11-28-08, 09:23 AM
Well, last week, I felt sick-ish, and this week I got full on sick. Even though I hate to admit it, trying to just get through the week. Holiday weeks like this one mean that we have to fit 5 days of work into 4, and that's never fun. So, doing so with what is some sort of flu is even less fun. And trying to work out, well, you get the picture.

Anyway, I managed to play Wii sports from the comfort of my home one day, but that's in a fog right now, as I can't remember which one.

I did go hiking/geocaching yesterday though, so that counts, and I would say we hiked for 3-4 hours, mostly over really rough terrain, including climbing rocks, traversing a train, etc. It was fun, though now I'm really tired, and we have 3 houses and an office to clean today.

Somehow, despite not eating much, working my rear end off at work, and even hiking, I only managed to keep my weight the same. I thought I might have created a calorie deficit somewhere along the way, but I guess not.

Mike

lostranslation
11-28-08, 01:48 PM
Very little "formal" exercise, but spent two days (a total of 24 hours) cleaning Mom's house. There was a lot of exercise in that, or at least my muscles say so...Then cooking an entire Thanksgiving dinner, hauling it out to the car, taking it in to Mom's house, eating, then hauling it all out, taking it home and putting it all away.

Oh, and cleaned my house top to bottom, including shampooing all the carpets, including the stairs, and all the furniture moving involved in that. (Did that at Mom's too.)

Does that count?

goddessonahiway
11-28-08, 03:42 PM
+ 2 lbs. :(

It was a bad week around my house. I stopped taking my Adderall. I'd only been taking it 5 days so I didn't expect it to be a big deal but I've been really bummed about it not working for me. Anyways.. I walked/exercise bike/wii fit 5 of the 7 days. I don't mean I did all 3 every day... just one or two of them. Went hiking this morning after weighing myself.. hopefully that helped.. Should have an active weekend to make up for this past week.

Cheers.

goddessonahiway
11-28-08, 03:43 PM
Hey, on a side note, my wife and I went geocaching today. I put a few pics up on my profile in a new album that I'll add to as the winter progresses. It was fun. You and your husband will love it.

Mike
I can't wait to get our GPS and get started! :)

DesertDave
11-29-08, 12:36 AM
I only went twice this week. Too many other things to do. Hopefully better next week.

20trackedmind
11-29-08, 11:56 AM
up to 136. I think that is 2 lbs. I exercised with my yoga on Monday thru Wednesday. I rode on Thurseday for about an hour and a half. Friday, well I just shopped, shopped and shopped. I doupt that counts since I mixed in a holiday milkshale and a holiday mocha latte in the mix:)

mADD mike
11-29-08, 12:22 PM
Very little "formal" exercise, but spent two days (a total of 24 hours) cleaning Mom's house. There was a lot of exercise in that, or at least my muscles say so...Then cooking an entire Thanksgiving dinner, hauling it out to the car, taking it in to Mom's house, eating, then hauling it all out, taking it home and putting it all away.

Oh, and cleaned my house top to bottom, including shampooing all the carpets, including the stairs, and all the furniture moving involved in that. (Did that at Mom's too.)

Does that count?

If it is something you don't ordinarily do, and you used it for exercise and it got your heart rate up for a prolonged period, sure it counts. It may be that such cleaning even prevented you from doing other more conventional exercise because it wore you out so bad. And belive me, as someone that cleans for other people on an almost daily basis, I know that cleaning is definite exercise. So, if you went above and beyond, then by all means count it.

Oh, and are you free this weekend? You're welcome to come exercise at our house by giving it a good thorough cleaning. After cleaning for everyone else all week, ours is the last one to get it. We'd be glad to let you exercise here, and you wouldn't even have to shampoo carpets, as we took most all of that up a while ago.

LostInTheStars
11-29-08, 01:23 PM
Lost 3 pounds.

Monday I worked out on the Wii Fit. After that I played Wii sports with Mike.

Anyway, I managed to play Wii sports from the comfort of my home one day, but that's in a fog right now, as I can't remember which one.

(That was Monday!:p)

Tuesday I did my combination workout / chores thang. Thursday went hiking - FUN! :D

amythyst
11-30-08, 05:05 AM
No weight change this week. I walked 5 days and did the wii fit 2 days. My eating has been really hard to manage throughout this whole process...some weeks are good...some not so much. I am (very!) slowly eating better and learning what foods i can and can't live without...I think everyone needs a cookie now and then!

I have been rationing my dexedrine for the past week or so due to lack of funds...and I am really noticing the days I take less than usual and especially on the days i take none at all. After xmas I should be able to stock up again so I'm looking forward to that :)

meriellyn
12-02-08, 07:48 AM
Ok, I'm alive! :)

My DSL was down a lot over the holiday so sorry for the delayed post. Didn't get much in because I was still sooooo sick but managed to squeeze in a tiny bit of walking and a little upper body light lifting at home.

Now I'm feeling much much better. Returning to school today. Hope to return to the gym tomorrow (too much to catch up on today).

Since I've been sick for a couple weeks so I know I've gained some weight, I'm planning to weigh this week and start with that as a baseline. No point in worrying about where I was before... this is where I am now. :P