View Full Version : Getting blocked, like stuck in place.

ebrun
11-30-08, 08:50 PM
I have had this problems during my last years, the more strong was adhd, the more i got "stuck".
I have had adhd from 3 years old, but never diagnosed till 6 months ago (i am 21), when i was told about what adhd was. I had many problems caused from adhd, nervous ashma (that finally was not ashma, but a stress reaction to adhd), a "phantom" bipolar disorder (that was also just mixed periods of hard self control that caused depression, and liberation of that self control), and well, many others.
As soon as i started with ritalin i could check what was adhd and what wasnt (in fact almos all my problems were), but there is something i cannot improve and that has not dissapeared with methilphenidate, but increased.

I get stuck. I can be, for example, writing to someone an email in a sofa, and suddenly, i feel totally uncapable to move. i cannot. i cannot think. I get into something like an infinite loop, and something loud has to happen to take me out from this state, or maybe someone to make me react.
Other times it happens while i am doing things more dangerous, like stopped in a traffic light, i cannot start, and sometimes i stay at the green light for 2 or 3 cycles.

:confused: Is this common?

ebrun
11-30-08, 08:52 PM
Sorry, i have just realized i have mistaked the forum...

blueroo
12-01-08, 12:19 AM
This is not common. It sounds like this could be dangerous. Have you seen an neurologist?

ebrun
12-01-08, 09:09 AM
Not yet. I am gonna talk about it with my psichiatrist first.

QueensU_girl
01-01-09, 06:38 PM
Dr. Amen mentions people getting stuck in thinking or in responses or in actions/inactions.

Your situation makes me think you could maybe benefit from a referral to a Neurologist to rule out some kind of other condition.

What does your Family Doctor say? Anyway -- I think you should see a Doctor.

dormammau2008
02-03-09, 02:51 PM
NLP springs to mind as welll have loook on the net thisss may be very helpfull to you dorm