View Full Version : Friday 12/04 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
12-04-08, 11:23 PM
Well, nothing for me this week, other than being crazy sick. So, I hope you guys and girls had a better week. I'll take my bye week this week, and hope I can kick the sinus infection, bronchitis, and flu to the curb.

So, what did you do this week? Make me feel better by knowing that you picked up my slack.

justcallmedorie
12-05-08, 05:52 AM
Well, I fought the scale and the scale won (at first, this morning I'm back to lbs for some reason). My weight has been fluctuating up and down quite regularly between 116 and 118, so unless it goes one way or the other drastically, I'm not going to worry about it on here and say I'm maintaining :)).

NOT one of my better exercising weeks:

Wed - ran 2.5 miles
Thu - pre-programmed workout on treadmill

Today I'm going to hit the pavement even though the temp is hovering around 20 F. I found out yesterday that it still feels better than being stuck indoors on the treadmill. ;)

LostInTheStars
12-05-08, 07:46 AM
Well, I fought the scale and the scale won

:p LOL

I gained 1 pound. I worked out 3 days. Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.

Ian
12-05-08, 11:20 AM
Jcmd I agree. Outside is the best. I think it has valuable benefits all by itself. That said, yesterday's run felt a lot like winter.

I ran twice this week.

goddessonahiway
12-05-08, 12:18 PM
I lost the 2 lbs I gained last week.

I rode my MTB on Saturday. I hiked on Sunday... a very nice, long hike. I've hopped on my exercise bike here and there but honestly haven't done much real exercise this week. I've been a bum. I even ate sliders at a bar last night. IDK how I managed to lose any weight. My body is so odd.

DesertDave
12-06-08, 01:13 AM
This week was better, so I went and put in treadmill time 3 days. And did some resistance stuff since I was there - even though I find that part very boring.

Listening to stuff on MP3 really helps, except when the earbuds keep falling out.

I hope that sinus thing clears up. I tend to get that too and it can really drag you down.

20trackedmind
12-06-08, 01:29 AM
No wieght change. 136 lbs. Worked out hard on Wed. and Friday with a 10lb fitnessball. Road on Sunday for about 2 hrs. and did yoga for about 30 min on Monday, Tuesday and Thurseday. Feeling good!

Prusilusken
12-06-08, 01:48 AM
Okay, I'm here - I almost forgot.

I have not had the finest week.
I've spent so many moment wishing I was a dog or a horse.
If I had been, I'd have been dragged behind the barn and shot down.
Mercyful and humane.
But I'm not a dog and I'm not a horse and because of that one fact alone, I lived through this week, and seem to be feeling better now.
I'm writing from my parents', where I always go when my mood is failing me because of pressure, outside and in. They help me get stuff written down and talked about and thereby relieve pressure and help me get a clear view again. Or at least clearER.
I am so lucky. I wish everyone had parents like mine.

Oh, but down to business:
Considering my messed up brain, things didn't turn out too bad now I look at it.
I managed to maintain my dancing, at least somewhat.
But no walks "by themselves" this week, and I'm not too happy about that.

Mon: 1 1/2h dance lesson + 1h walk to get there and back
Tue: 2h dance lesson + 1h walk to get there and back.
Wed: Dancing lessons were cancelled, but I didn't know, so I went to the school anyway. At least I had an hour walk all in all to show for it.
At home, 20min online bellydance lesson, couldn't concentrate on more, unfortunaly.
Thurs: 50 min online BD lesson.
Fri: Nothing at all.

Eating: Ate "green kJ numbers" 6 out of 7 days, which is not too bad, especially since I've had mad food cravings some days and felt like poop.
I don't know my weight, but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

I'd love to loose a bit more sometime soon, but I know it'll take a bit more effort than the first 12lbs. We'll see. As long as I don't gain, and I don't think I have.

Good work everybody and health to you, Mike!

mADD mike
12-06-08, 03:06 PM
Jcmd I agree. Outside is the best. I think it has valuable benefits all by itself. That said, yesterday's run felt a lot like winter.

I ran twice this week.

Hey Ian, welcome to the club!

I saw your post earlier this week, but forgot to reply since I've mostly been reading from my cell phone while I was sick in bed. Glad to see you reporting, and hope we can encourage you and be encouraged by your work too.

Mike

lostranslation
12-07-08, 04:26 PM
Sorry I'm late.

My Father's kidneys are failing, so things are difficult right now.

So, walked 2 miles on 3 days. (What days? I don't know.)
Pushed dead car into a parking lot. (Not my car. I gave her a jump.)
30 minutes on aerobic rider.

amythyst
12-08-08, 12:41 AM
holy cow, it's December already???

I'm up 2 pounds this week. Exercised 2 days on the wii for 1 hour each time and I walked 3 days.

I really need to work on not using food as a reward...ie. "i worked out today/yesterday so I can have chips and cookies now". I wish it worked that way but it really doesn't. I'm doing ok at keeping somewhat balanced and not gaining too much weight but I am also not losing a lot either. So, this week it's down to business with the eating and up-ing the exercise as well.

Oh, and I got a refill on my meds so that is a HUGE bonus...I'm much more likely to be active and eat less when I actually have some and take them :)

mADD mike
12-08-08, 07:19 AM
Sorry I'm late.

My Father's kidneys are failing, so things are difficult right now.

So, walked 2 miles on 3 days. (What days? I don't know.)
Pushed dead car into a parking lot. (Not my car. I gave her a jump.)
30 minutes on aerobic rider.

Don't know what to say, but thought I would say I'm sorry that this is happening to you and yours, and we'll be thinking of you in this rough time.:( We're proud of you for exercising despite such serious circumstances in life.