View Full Version : Any students from Sussex - UK

Jpalmer
12-10-08, 03:41 PM
Hi, I really need some support for my possible ADHD , life as a student is getting really hard. If you are a student currently coping with adhd or have some advice please pm me. or add me on msn

Jpalmer
12-11-08, 06:32 PM
Hi,

After having little response to my other thread :( thought I'd put another question out. I'm a college student , 18 years old, from the east sussex - uk.

Where can I go for an immediate ADD/ADHD assessment, I'm guessing its going to be private and going to cost a fare bit, but money isn't an issue, so any contacts would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks JP

PM, or reply with details .

vixthenomad
01-10-09, 09:27 PM
Hi, I'm from Brighton. :) I'm not a student, but I have been and I know how hard uni can be. My best advice is to ASK FOR HELP if you need it; there's so much support available on campus but you do need to do your research to find out about a lot of it - maybe get in touch with your student union rep.

Re: diagnosis - I got diagnosed up at the psychiatry unit at Brighton Hospital. Basically you need to get your GP to give you a referral to the Central Access Team, from whence you will probably get an appointment with a psychiatric nurse who will then refer you on to a psychiatrist. Everyone I've met so far in this process has been really accepting of the condition and took me seriously; I think it helped that I'd done a lot of reading up on ADHD before I started trying to get diagnosed, and that I didn't immediately start clamouring for stimulants. ;)

Best of luck!

Vix
xxx

crazycat1990
12-18-09, 02:37 PM
Hey Jpalmer!

I'm from Surrey :D More or less in Gatwick. It's exciting when I find people on here that live in the same county or the next one!

I mainly posted to say hi :o I don't know much about going private as it's not what I've done. I went to my GP, got a referral to my local mental health team, and I've recently been referred to one of the 2 Adult ADHD clinics in the UK - The Maudsley Clinic in London.

So I'd guess you should talk to your GP for advice on going private.

roseblood
03-16-10, 07:23 AM
There is a group in your area, it might be worth seeing if they can help as well: http://www.sussexadhd.org.uk/