View Full Version : Free 1-hour Teleclass “Introduction to ADD Coaching”

Tara
03-26-04, 08:40 PM
“Introduction to ADD Coaching”
Free 1-hour Teleclass

Learn why the ADD coaching process is so powerful in moving individuals with AD/HD forward while dramatically improving the quality of their lives.

During this one-hour free teleclass you will gain a greater understanding and awareness of AD/HD & learn specific strategies that will empower individuals with AD/HD to move forward.

Dispel the fallacies about AD/HD
Introduce simple proven coaching strategies that anyone can use
Present specific AD/HD coaching success stories.

If you are interested in becoming an ADD coach, have a relative or close relationship with an AD/HD individual or simply want to learn more about ADD coaching you won’t want to miss this special teleclass.

Choice of Dates:
Monday, April 12th @ 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
Wednesday, April 14th @ 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
Monday, April 19th @ 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
Wednesday, April 21st @ 1:00 - 2:00 PM EST

For more info go to:
http://www.addca.com/freeintroapril%202004.html

galexica2020
03-28-04, 03:17 PM
Hi Tara:

I live in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada and I am totally interested in becoming an ADD/ADHD coach. I find some of the counsellors, mental health personel and health care worker do not have a clue how to deal with ADD/ADHD people. Is there a distance program that I can take in becoming a ADD/ADHD coach. Do I have to have a degree in university before I become an ADD/ADHD coach? I really like working with people one on one.
Any ideas?

Galexica

Tara
03-31-04, 10:53 AM
Galexia,

If you get the chance take a look at http://www.addca.com . The training is done via a phone bridge. I know that people from Canada have done coach training through ADDCA. There is contact info there to get more info.

As of right now there are no standard education requirement for becoming an AD/HD Coach. I'm not quite sure if there are specific regulations in Canada though.

waywardclam
03-31-04, 11:54 AM
Score! :D

Tara
10-07-04, 10:15 PM
Introduction to ADD Coaching”
Free 1-hour Teleclass

New dates:
Tuesday, November 2 @ 12:00 Noon- 1:00 PM EST
or
Tuesday, November 9 @ 12:00 Noon- 1:00 PM EST

Learn why the ADD coaching process is so powerful in moving individuals with AD/HD forward while dramatically improving the quality of their lives.

During this one-hour free teleclass you will gain a greater understanding and awareness of AD/HD & learn specific strategies that will empower individuals with AD/HD to move forward. The class will also...

Dispel the fallacies about AD/HD

Introduce simple proven coaching strategies that anyone can use

Present specific AD/HD coaching success stories.

If you are interested in becoming an ADD coach, have a relative or close relationship with an AD/HD individual or simply want to learn more about ADD coaching you won’t want to miss this special teleclass.

http://www.addca.com/freeintronovember2004.html

Ian
11-02-04, 03:43 PM
Did anyone else attend this class? I did but didn't learn anything and I make a really poor sheep to just follow along. It seemed to be more of a pitch to join the classes for the unaccredited certification they offer for would-be coaches. If they were pitching to prospective coaches I'd have expected more substance offered to draw me in but I heard nothing new at all.

The speaker was very much in the standard business model of giving up next to nothing until one forks over the cash for the course. The terms were general and the substantive content was restricted to what is commonly available for free here and elsewhere.

I was quite disappointed in the quality of the session. I undoubtedly have high expectations given that I am used to the high calibre of help I receive at ADDF.

What is the consensus of the more experienced guru's here as to the best quality coaching accreditation available on this planet? Or is this it? By their own admition it would seem so.

Given that coaching is really in it's infancy, situations like I experienced in this session and others similar leave me thinking that accreditation is just not quite ripe yet.

I have found coaching to be "the" most effective tool in coping with who I am but I'm betting it isn't that way for most. I feel very lucky to have the opportunities I have had. I will try to write more about this at a later date in a more appropriate place.

Thanks for posting the offer Tara. It helps to have perspective about what's available.
ian

Ian
11-02-04, 06:20 PM
The information on the site gives a better presentation.
http://www.addca.com/focus.html

Is anyone currently enrolled here? If so could we talk about it please? Privately or publicly I'm not fussy either way.

ian