View Full Version : City mom charged after flushing son's ADHD medication

XxMichellexX
12-18-08, 06:23 PM
http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20081218/SHE0101/812180476/1062/SHE01

City mom charged after flushing son's ADHD medication Sheboygan Press staff • December 18, 2008

A Sheboygan woman was charged Wednesday for a scheme in which she allegedly bought attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medication her son didn't need and flushed it down the toilet in order to "shut the schools up."

Patricia A. Resop, 37, told police she had been filling her teenage son's Adderall prescription for two years even though the boy had not lived with her for at least 18 months or used the drug in more than two years, according to a criminal complaint. She told police she paid the $20 co-pay for the prescription each month, then took it home and flushed it down the toilet.

Resop said she did this because school officials several years ago said her son behaved better when he takes the drug. She apparently bought the drug to convince the school her son was taking it, though she told police she had not talked to school officials about the issue for years and never talked to anyone at his current school.

Asked why she went to such great lengths when there has been no contact enabling the schools to know the medication was being purchased, Resop said, "Duh, that's a good point. I never thought of that," according to the complaint.
The incident was discovered when Resop's ex-husband noticed billing for the drug from the insurance company and contacted police.
Resop is charged with felony possession of narcotic drugs, misdemeanor obtaining a prescription drug by fraud and three counts of misdemeanor fraudulent claims. She could face up to four years and three months in prison, if convicted on all counts.

Driver
12-18-08, 06:28 PM
Serves her right.

BTW: Adderal, your avatar is very distracting. :)

RedHairedWitch
12-18-08, 06:32 PM
Whoops, didn't think that one through did we?

XxMichellexX
12-18-08, 06:35 PM
Whoops, didn't think that one through did we?

I heard it on the news this morning and had to find it for show and tell..:p

XxMichellexX
12-18-08, 06:37 PM
BTW: Adderal, your avatar is very distracting. :)

Well, its good that we cant get in trouble for "ALMOST" kissing...:o

QueensU_girl
12-19-08, 01:30 AM
I wonder if she was taking it herself? heard that happens a LOT.

I mean, why flush $100 of meds/month? doesn't make sense.