View Full Version : Desoxyn.. the best.

e40baby
12-19-08, 11:58 PM
Hey, I'm new here, so sup. I've only had experience with mixed amphetamine salts and then dexedrine, but what I can say is that desoxyn changed my life.

It's amazing how much better it is not to be constantly jittery and always "in the zone" if you know what I mean. It's weird, but I've felt better about everything since I've been prescribed this. Stuff is more vibrant, I'm never nervous in social situations and it just feels like my life has turned around.

My psychiatrist started me on 10 mgs a day, now I'm taking 25 mgs daily. When I asked to try it, I expected my psych to say no due to the stigma etc but he didn't even know what it was! Anyway, I thought I'd share. GL out there. :)

Oh and I've been seeing my psych (taking medication) for about 12 months.. how long will it be before my tolerance gets rid of this effect?

Contrapunctus
12-21-08, 06:37 PM
Desoxyn certainly has far fewer side-effects than d-amphetamine, and is much less likely to cause anxiety.

For me, the problem is that because I don't take these meds daily, the two days following the desoxyn usage I feel a bit drained and a little down, most likely due to the serotonin depletion.

It is a bit more neurotoxic than d-amphetamine, but at dosages like 25mg, I would not be terribly concerned.

Avoid getting your tolerance too high, because your physician will not like prescribing high dosages and the medication is quite expensive. Perhaps consider taking drug holidays, and some magnesium/DLPA supplements...

Howard_C
12-21-08, 06:43 PM
Oh and I've been seeing my psych (taking medication) for about 12 months.. how long will it be before my tolerance gets rid of this effect?

That is, twelve months all on desoxyn, right ?

Just out of curiosity, what was your general time line for the progression from 10 mg to 25mg ?

e40baby
12-21-08, 11:11 PM
That is, twelve months all on desoxyn, right ?

Just out of curiosity, what was your general time line for the progression from 10 mg to 25mg ?

no, my math was off too, lol. I've been seeing a psych for adhd for like 10 months total, first month was strattera, second month adderal IR 10mg, fourth month 20 mgs a day, seventh month desoxyn 10 mgs a day, eighth month 15 mgs a day, ninth month 20 mgs a day, this month I got prescribed 25. I probably got really lucky though, lol, your mileage may vary.

Howard_C
12-22-08, 03:33 PM
Hey, thank you for the reply !

It would be helpful if you came back at a future date (or two or three times, after some two, three or four month periods) to just briefly share your experiences, in terms of mood elevation, absence of anxiety, and tolerance, etc.

We don't have that many people posting on this drug, and a good number of them don't get much follow up.

They are often about a "quest" to get it prescribed - LOL. Or a one-off, first impression type of post, which is great but makes me wonder how much of a difference (over time) there may be with desoxyn, as compared to dexedrine, for example.

e40baby
01-14-09, 10:08 PM
updating: just met my psych, dosage is now 30 mgs a day hahaha.

Anyway, I've tried dexedrine, not from my psych but I nabbed a few from my ex. In my experience, desoxyn seems to be a lot better in terms of "smoothness" I guess.

And yes, this **** is hella expensive, my insurance covers some of it, but I still pay 50 dollars per 60 pills, which frankly is ridiculous considering how I paid $5US per 60 for adderal IR generic.

Howard_C
01-15-09, 10:19 AM
Ah yes, the smoothness factor.

Must be a bit smoother than "300 mgs of instant release adderall in one sitting" :)

Thanks, keep us posted man.

KDLMaj
01-29-09, 12:10 AM
Don't assume tolerance will ever set in. Under FDA recommended doses, tolerance shouldn't be a problem. For short-acting stimulants, they aren't in the body long enough for it to adapt. Though the jury is out (due to a lack of evidence more so than conflicting evidence) as to whether or not long-acting formulations will cause tolerance after two years (no tolerance has been clinically observed in studies up to two years).

Though if you keep increasing the dose tolerance WILL set in at some point.