View Full Version : PDAs & Smartphones

Andrew
12-22-08, 06:27 PM
Any PDA or Smartphone users here? What's your favorite one (Brand/Model) and why?

ginnal
12-22-08, 06:44 PM
The Blackjack 2 for it's versatility.

In terms of pure ease of use the Blackberry is a better phone.

Cowboy
12-22-08, 07:01 PM
I had a Palm which did not work out well for me. Eventually I returned it because it caused me more trouble than it helped. Some of it was technical which Plam was not willing to help with. Maybe it would work out well for others though.

A spiral bound paper planner has worked better for me. I do use the computer for a list of things to do and print it out daily so I can have it with me to monitor and add to.

I do use my phone for reminders and the address book with is a great help. It is a Water-Proof model by Casio so it is pretty much indestructable and looks cool as well.

lostsoul
12-28-08, 06:41 AM
HP iPAQ. Other than crappy windows crashing so much, awesome PDA.

tshall
01-15-09, 12:03 PM
I voted for the palm Centro but I actually have a Treo. I don't think I could function without my Treo; well my Treo and laptop really. The calendar on my Treo allows me to have my school schedule, schedule due dates for projects and papers, schedule times to do things like laundry, run errands, handle financial matters, and just about anything else I would need to put on a to-do list or calendar. Then, I can sync it with my laptop and even if I'm browsing the internet, checking email, or watching a movie outlook pops up and reminds me what it is I should be doing. Granted it takes a bit of work to get my reminders to work the way I want them to but so far it seems to be working for me I just need to make sure I don't forget to keep updating my calendar, but I have reminders set periodically to do that too. I think if I lost my Treo I'd be totally screwed.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Sandy4957
01-15-09, 01:09 PM
I don't know if it's my "favorite," because it's just what I have, but I have a T-Mobile Wing and it works well for me.

ustilago
01-15-09, 03:54 PM
I've got an older Palm M515 that keeps my appointments an routine scheduled.

Luthien
01-15-09, 04:28 PM
iPhone RULES :)

Especially with the free light sabre that you can put on it - and of course, all the musical instruments that it does:

Lúthien and the iPhone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJoXOeHNLg)

SB_UK
01-17-09, 10:09 AM
iPhone RULES :)

Especially with the free light sabre that you can put on it - and of course, all the musical instruments that it does:

Lúthien and the iPhone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJoXOeHNLg)

pity that the techno-chappies can't put in a feeback circuit (kinda' like the games machine gamepads) -
so that playing a touch screen provides a tactile response -

we tap down harder on the screen - and the note is louder -
and just kinda' like on a piano -
feel the force by feedback from the key.

The same kinda' idea goes for the guitar string -
if the tactile response could somehow be harnessed to make us feel as though we're actually striking a string.

Just that we'd be a hair's breadth away from the VMware instrument -
a single box upon which one can play them all.

:-)

ps
thanks for the video