View Full Version : Twitter

ADB1
12-23-08, 03:20 PM
I vaguely mentioned this and ihpaw wondered why I didn't like it. I have never really go on with it... A number of thoughts

I feel it is like reading a dictionary - it changes subject too often.
It isn't that clear (to me) who is following me so whether it is worth replying to them
I am a bit concerned about getting addicted to it so I overeact by avoiding it

OTOH I have just seen a couple of useful replies to a post I made a couple of weeks back. I think people must have picked up a keyword in my question because these people weren't following me before.

I might get on with it better if I had a number of twitter accounts, say a Geeky one, an ADHD one. There are things I might share with ADHD people that wil appear odd to people that don't know about ADHD... Maybe if I could use a phone and restrict myself to travel time .

Any thoughts.

Driver
12-23-08, 06:16 PM
I'm yet to see the attractiveness of Twitter. I've given it a go, but it doesn't float my boat. I'm yet to see its value over the alternatives.

2puzzledparents
05-11-09, 11:52 AM
Ditto... I am not so self-important as to think that my daily business is actually worth sharing with the world... Likewise my life isn't so uninteresting or dull to the point where I give a flying fig that so and so is waiting at airport to fly to Morocco or BM'ing in a Ceaser's palace toilet.

Annwn
05-14-09, 01:47 AM
Twitter is about networking. There are communities within twitter. Moms, marketers, recruiters, programmers, political junkies, etc.

At the end of the day, it's social networking which for many people, is an end in and of it's self.