View Full Version : Rant thread- please put anything that really annoyed you about your psychiatrist

Darkangel001
12-26-08, 03:02 PM
Hey, felt like ranting so I decided to put on this thread. I'll start it off:

... always think they know everything despite a)not knowing anything on the disorder b)let alone specializing in ADD
... always think that you have a)Anxiety b)Exam stress(or other similar 'environment-related stress', c)Depression or as in my case Bipolar Disorder- just picture how the NHS is more willing to diagnose someone with one of the main psychiatric disorders but they are unwilling to diagnose someone with what is recognize as an LD which bring on my next point
...which I have forgotten but will remember in a sec
...Oh- next point was- don't want to diagnose you because they do not want to 'stigmatize you'- huh and Bipolar disorder is not stigmatizing????? I also know that people have been wrongly diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and even Schizophrenia- the latter of which was due to the side effect of medication they were given rather than because they were psychotic!!!!
...More willing to consider you 'Environment'- if I hear one more time from a shrink about 'environment problems' I am going to lose it- it's like there are looking for any ways possible to try and not say ADD? WTH?

That's just the start, please increase the list :)

doiadhd
06-03-09, 01:28 AM
not sure if i have it or not (but its the only thing that makes sense)so been to the docs about 5 times and once to the phychiatrist.....what a comedy of errors by professionals!Phychiatrist had false information and while i was there,all20 minutes of it,he was booking his holiday(unless it was some form of genius phychiatrist mind trick i don,t understand!)
And now not only has the phyciatrist gone on holiday but my doctor has aswell!Not to mention another organisation who,s helper has also gone on holiday!!!
What a joke..........so now i have to go back on thursday and try and explain to a completely new doctor the whole story and try and diagnose myself at the same time.......
don't know if i feel better or worse after that but thanks for the invite dark-angel

undermythumb
06-03-09, 09:43 AM
In some respects my Doctor is great.. if I ask to change medications he's open to suggestions and will listen to my requests without disregarding his own opinion and he schedules check-ups regularly.. buuut in a lot of ways he aggravates me.

- Doesn't listen.
He'll ask me a question and then he'll zone out, sometimes I think he has AD/HD.. last time I saw him, he asked me something, I responded and then he heard a loud noise outside and was staring out of the window for ages.. :rolleyes:

- Not easy to talk to at all.
He's very clinical in his approach so I divulge little more than side-effects that I'm experiencing. He asked me once how I was doing with my work and tried to give me advice on how to keep on top of it but it just seemed to slip his mind that I have AD/HD and organisational skills and time-management are not my greatest allies.

- Dismisses ADHD behaviour I'm experiencing.
I'm not sure he actually believes it exists.. and I don't think he has any interest in me whatsoever, if he does then he's very good at hiding it.

- Doesn't make an effort to make me feel less anxious.
(plus he can be hostile towards me) I feel he should be pulling information from me rather than just asking me if I have any questions because well, I do have questions but most of the time I forget them and then feel such immense pressure to say something that it takes me a century to get anything out and it ends up being either something I didn't want to ask or something I already knew the answer to.

- Condescending.
And when I'm not making sense he doesn't help me relax or give me time, he just kind of ignores me and moves on.

BJC81
06-03-09, 09:54 PM
9:00am Doctor:: how is the adderal working
Me it is working well..... and so on ......

9:05am Doctor. Ok
ME. Asking questions

9:06am Doctor: answering my question
9:10am Doctor: OK see you in one month

9:15am Me: Giving them $60.00 dollors

doiadhd
06-05-09, 10:30 PM
The f-ing fluffer has gone on holiday so has my normal doc and a helper type person!!!!!!!All at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!I have been to the docs 2-3 times in 15ish years and the whole f-ing lot do one on me and hiss offf around the f-ing world-------------WHATTHEFLUKISTHISALLABOUT-cant even punch any thing any more cos busted my hand up!!!!!!feel like headbutting the bloody wall
cheers!

doiadhd
06-10-09, 01:21 PM
The f-ing fluffer has gone on holiday so has my normal doc and a helper type person!!!!!!!All at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!I have been to the docs 2-3 times in 15ish years and the whole f-ing lot do one on me and hiss offf around the f-ing world-------------WHATTHEFLUKISTHISALLABOUT-cant even punch any thing any more cos busted my hand up!!!!!!feel like headbutting the bloody wall
cheers!
oh dear.......side effects of anti-depression tablets(only one 10mg by the way)
hmmmm i'm feeling alot more chilled out and never attack anything anymore.......i am like a flowing water gently streaming on a warm day with pettles on at........and relax.

Why cant i stay in the middle of these two moods forever?