View Full Version : Sydney ADD meetup.

RobConcept
12-26-08, 09:51 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let's take this outside.

Touching base with people is great support because it helps us so much. We could get to meet each other, form some offline bonds and be so much more than a group of somewhat anonymous people on a forum.

Given it's holidays at the moment, who would be keen for some form of ADD get together in Sydney? I'd think somewhere in the CBD, whether for a drink or for a picnic could be a great idea for this.

Who's keen?

Smitten79
12-30-08, 05:21 AM
Yea great idea Rob I would be up for this. I'm in Canberra usually though I am in Sydney for the holidays and do come up quite often because of family.

Don't forget that there is an Adult ADHD group operating in Sydney and they do have Men's and Women's social group meetings about once a month. The general Sydney Adult ADHD group seems to have a seminar happening once every three months or so. PM me if you would like more details of these meetings.

I think it would be a cool thing if most of my friends were ADDers with the minority being old-time friends (mostly from my school days for example). I find myself not being able to really connect with a lot of 'neurotypicals' (being on different 'wavelengths' to them) and I suspect that is the case for a lot of ADDers...

Driver
12-30-08, 07:20 AM
I'd come, but I hate Sydney - it smells.

Maddy
12-31-08, 06:45 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let's take this outside.

Touching base with people is great support because it helps us so much. We could get to meet each other, form some offline bonds and be so much more than a group of somewhat anonymous people on a forum.

Given it's holidays at the moment, who would be keen for some form of ADD get together in Sydney? I'd think somewhere in the CBD, whether for a drink or for a picnic could be a great idea for this.

Who's keen?
YAY!!!! I'm Keen! And wouldn't you know it, I'M IN SYDNEY!!! I was just complaining that I never get out much or have any of my own friends!
Wow, that probably kinda makes me sound like some kind of weird psycho...I bet your're having second thoughts now ;)

And Sydney does not smell...who said that? (*looks around suspiciously*)
Anyway, sounds awesome. My profile contains contact details.:)

Kunga Dorji
12-31-08, 08:51 PM
I'd come, but I hate Sydney - it smells.

And here was me thinking I had imagined that. I think it is the humidity- everything gets mouldy.
Having said that I will try to make it to the ADDults with ADD conference this year.

Crazygirl79
01-04-09, 08:40 PM
I was gonna move to Sydney but it has to wait till August