View Full Version : TV as a sleeping pill.

PrincessSwan
12-28-08, 08:28 PM
Ellos >:} I am a 19 year old female (Steve) with ADD. I am a combination of inattentive and hyperactive which makes for interesting discussions. However. I can't sleep unless my television is on, purely as background noise. Without the tv on I become quite upset and all the thoughts that whirr in my head keep me awake and I become severely depressed. I don't even watch it tbh, I watch five minutes and then sleep. I just need it to be on. I go through cycles, I buy a new dvd, watch it the whole way through and then put it on night after night, not minding if I have seen it 100 times.
It's crap for the environment but anything else would drive me crazy. Anyone else with a similar problem??

Steve:(

Storms of War
01-22-09, 02:47 PM
I sleep with a fan on. I need that background noise, primarily because I hear an obnoxious ringing when it's dead silent. I need some form of noise to overwhelm the ringing. My grandmother has the same issue.

sarek
01-22-09, 03:04 PM
For a long time I used to go to bed at about eleven but always needed to watch TV for about an hour longer to unwind enough to get to sleep.
Forcing myself to sleep without that was a pointless exercise. These days it is easier to fall asleep though.

irishdel
01-22-09, 04:27 PM
i allways ago asleep with the tv on, i usually leave on a channel that i know goes off air through the night , a few weeks ago i must have leaned on the remote control through the night and was woken my a women shouting "fire fire fire)frighten the s**t out of me

ADHDTigger
01-23-09, 07:25 PM
So nice to know that I am not alone in this! I have been sleeping to the TV for years and years. I seem to need the noise.

sarey
01-29-09, 02:52 AM
I sleep with the TV and Fan on.