View Full Version : Monday 12/29 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
12-28-08, 09:26 PM
Yes..........Monday. The time is upon us, to lay down the good and bad from the past almost week and a half. Let everyone know what you were able to do, or avoid, during the holidays that are good at wrecking everyone's diet and exercise plan.

I may go ahead and do Monday again next week, since Friday is right after the new year this week. Then we should be in the clear of any holidays for a bit.

As always, I'll post tomorrow, and this is posted a bit early to make sure it is up in time.

I hope everyone had a great week!:D

Mike

tnhybrid
12-28-08, 10:09 PM
Hey folks! I'm new. But in the last three days Hub and I have walked over eight miles! We're really trying to do something - anything - to fight the middle aged spread.

See ya in this thread, or the other one. Here's hoping everyone's having a great holiday. -hybrid

p.s. THANKS MIKE!!

mADD mike
12-28-08, 10:38 PM
Awesome tnhybrid! Welcome to the club.

This is the place that we come each week to tell each other how we did. If you go to the main Get Fit Club thread and read the first 2 posts on the first page, you'll see how we are doing this and how to get your medal to display in your signature. If you need any help, or have any questions, just let me know.

Like I said, we typically use this thread each week to post results, and we add on to the main GFC thread to chat about everyday activities and get advice, or just hang out a bit. There are a lot of really good, nice people here that help each other out.

I hope to see you regularly, and congrats on the choice you're making.

Mike :D

P.S. You're very welcome!

justcallmedorie
12-29-08, 05:45 AM
I don't remember which days, but one day I ran and one day I walked...that's about it. I'm going to HAVE to start writing this down in a calendar...easier than going back to the Fit Club thread and looking for it...

Out to run with Max. Later!

Prusilusken
12-29-08, 03:37 PM
I've got my trusty online foodlog, i which I can also track exercise, or I wouldn't stand a chance either. :P

BUT - since I have it:

Sat: Performed BD, 15min, pretty good exercise. Ate okay.
Sun: 30 min walk, ate okay.
Mon: 90 min dance, 30min walk, ate okay.
Tue: No exercise, Ate way too much (xmas dinner w/ friends)
Wed: 30 min walk, ate waaay too much (xmas dinner, family)
Thur: No exercise and overate a little, but nothing terrible, like the other "bad" days.
Fri: No exercise - grrrrrossly overate and drank schnaps! Lovely! :D
Sat: No exercise, ate okay.
Sun: No exercise, ate okay.
Mon - today: No exercise (not yet, anyways) but ate okay.

Haven't measured or weighed myself.
Will probably weigh myself tomorrow when at my folks.
Suspect I've gained a little, but that's okay these last two weeks of the year (dec. 31st and jan 1st incl.) are all about stuffing my face, heheh...the next 50 weeks will not be.

See you guys in the New year! :)

20trackedmind
12-29-08, 08:06 PM
OK, I have no weight to report and did no exercise that I can remember. Had to make an emergency drive to New Orleans to help with my brothers family when my sis in law got word that her mom has 2 to 4 weeks left. I will be back by this Thur. to start up again.

justcallmedorie
12-29-08, 08:16 PM
OK, I have no weight to report and did no exercise that I can remember. Had to make an emergency drive to New Orleans to help with my brothers family when my sis in law got word that her mom has 2 to 4 weeks left. I will be back by this Thur. to start up again.
My thoughts and prayers will be with your s-i-l's family.

Ian
12-30-08, 04:00 AM
I've still got something funky going on with my toes. Don't see the doctor until the 5th I think. Bah! I've been doing a lot of snow shoveling and muscling a snow blower around, but that's it. 3.5 hours in the last couple of weeks. I'm up a couple of pounds and feeling sluggish... and my dang toes hurt.

Easy does it 20trackedmind.
Ian

mADD mike
12-30-08, 09:49 AM
Well, I didn't seem to have any weight fluctuation, because I have worked out minimally due to being sick. However, I did work out here and there, doing a little walking or Wii Sports, whatever I could do.

Now my lungs are finally feeling clear again! Yay! That means I can actually breathe (to the extent that asthma will let me anyway, lol) so that I can work out again. In fact, over the weekend my ears finally opened back up and now I can even hear out of both of them. It is the little things we take for granted, lol.

So, I started Power 90 last night, to get right back up on the horse and see what I can do. I kicked my rear end last night.

I'm so sorry to hear that for you 20. We'll keep you and yours in our thoughts. See you in the next results thread, and I wish you guys all the comfort in the world.

I've still got something funky going on with my toes. Don't see the doctor until the 5th I think. Bah! I've been doing a lot of snow shoveling and muscling a snow blower around, but that's it. 3.5 hours in the last couple of weeks. I'm up a couple of pounds and feeling sluggish... and my dang toes hurt.

Easy does it 20trackedmind.
Ian

I hope you get this taken care of. A bad toe or toes can really kill your activity, and it they hurt a lot because all of your weight comes down on them. Kind of unavoidable. Feel better soon!

Mike

LostInTheStars
12-31-08, 09:49 PM
Down 1 lb

Worked out...
Mon (12/22)
Wed (12/24)

Friday or Saturdayish I did some WiiFit , and it kicked my hiney!:p

I am doing Power 90 with Mike now. It is fun to do and makes me feel like taking on the world!

tnhybrid - Welcome on board, Einstein! :D

Ian - I am only going by your pic here, but do you think maybe your toes are too cold?! (just kidding - hope they get better soon)

Ian
01-01-09, 03:20 AM
Toes are cold for sure. I'm working on a fix for that part of the equation. :) I just don't want to damage my shoes in the process! A saline bath seems to help the toes with whatever else is going on there. Thanks for the well wishes. I was really hungry to run this afternoon. The wind chill was bitter, but maybe tomorrow I'll get out anyway. Might go for a bit of a ski if nothing else.
Ian

amythyst
01-03-09, 03:50 AM
I didn't get a chance to post earlier because I have been visiting family over the holidays. I have been working out every couple of days on the wii and I even managed to go snowboarding once and I plan to go again this week sometime. My weight has stayed around the same because the exercise I have done has balanced out the extra holiday treats so far.

I went tobaganing today and I forgot how much of a workout it is to climb up the hill just to go barrelling down for a few seconds. I did find out that I have a wonderful centre of gravity for getting tons of speed! I watched my friends go down the hill and thought, 'gee, that's not too bad'...then I would go down the same path twice as fast and sometimes backwards lol. Luckily there was plenty of big, soft piles of snow at the bottom to slow me down.