View Full Version : Thyroid issues....

catseye
12-30-08, 05:09 PM
Anyone else out there have thyroid issues?

I'm the process of a diagnoses right now. If my thyroid is out of whack that would explain almost all of my symptoms since I was a little kid!

travel girl
12-31-08, 04:21 PM
Hi!Yep I've got an underactive thyroid and it's made my add slightly worse, mainly because the one of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid is slower thought procces.So, combine having add/adhd with a thyroid problem and it makes life even harder.But just be sure to take your iodine tablats and you should be fine.good luck!

QueensU_girl
01-03-09, 08:36 PM
Iodine? Huh?

EYEFORGOT
01-04-09, 11:55 AM
Iodine helps with thyroid?

My doctor said my thyroid was "off" by a point or two, can't remember which way. I'm a terrible patient. She wanted me on thyroid meds and I didn't persue it at all. I have completely ignored it because I don't want another medication. I'm determined that it's due to my unhealthy lifestyle, that's why it's just a couple points off. I know, a stupid thing to do, but I can't bring myself to be "sick" with anything else. Ignore it and it will go away? More like, focus on my whole health and there won't be so many pieces sick.

QueensU_girl
01-08-09, 03:09 AM
Not having enough Iodine in the diet and body tends to not be an issue in North America, as all table salt is supposed to be 'iodized'.

penguin
01-13-09, 10:45 AM
Hi,
I am hypothyroid, meaning not enough thyroid activity. Body metabalism is the foundation for almost everything. Once my TSH was knocked down to 1, most of my issues either went away, or were greatly improved.
It is the best $3 I spend at Wal-Mart. Synthroid or its generics are among the safest meds known when taken in the right quantity.
You may well find that once your thyroid is straightened out, that your other meds can be reduced or eliminated.
Plus it is nice to have my energy back.
Enjoy, Ken

QueensU_girl
01-22-09, 04:22 AM
My Mom is hypothyroid. She found the prescription meds didn't help until she went on the natural pig thyroid (Armour).

Just thought I'd mention that it is out there for people. Just have to know to ask for it.