View Full Version : The Davinci Method

PookDo
01-04-09, 05:01 PM
I just got a hard copy of this book after losing my mind trying to sit at my comp and read the e-book version.I have never read a book I have related to so much and has helped me understand how I feel and how I am.I have suggested this book before and am doing it again

WNBRIZ
01-04-09, 09:08 PM
Yeah this book is a real eye opener. No longer do i feel so disordered, but rather different. I think people with ADD have a lot of masked potential. The biggest problem we make is trying to fit like everyone else. Trying to act and be like everyone else. It just wasn't meant to be. We are individualists that make our own ways of life. The problem is some(by some i mean most) ADD people have had such scolding and failure throughout life that they have developed a lot of bad problems(anxiety, depression, low self esteem..ect) I think this book is a must for any ADD'er to read, because the first part of changing is knowing. The Da vinci method has alot of truth inside.

smerila_6
01-04-09, 09:12 PM
I have anxiety attacks. I read in your post as a symptom. I am suppose to take adderall xr 20mg but it feels sometimes like it gets my anxiety going?

I have seen this book on the web. I am taking classes and can't seem to finish them. Can't remember vocabulary. Any advice.

smerila

Andrew
01-04-09, 09:16 PM
I have anxiety attacks. I read in your post as a symptom. I am suppose to take adderall xr 20mg but it feels sometimes like it gets my anxiety going?

I have seen this book on the web. I am taking classes and can't seem to finish them. Can't remember vocabulary. Any advice.

smerila

If you have a tendency to have anxiety (or anxiety attacks), a stimulant can certainly make it much, much worse. I would suggest you speak with your doctor about this.

Mantis
01-04-09, 10:08 PM
This book is awesome. Very inspiring for those who see ADHD as a 'disorder'.

AnDDy
01-27-09, 11:12 PM
I read this book and I didn't "get it". Maybe I will have to read it a second time.

DJKR
01-28-09, 01:57 AM
I found the science behind this book very bad.
About that gene being activated and ****...
Ranting about people who lived 500 years ago (WHOM WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DRAWING OF, except for that one sketch that MAY BE Da Vinci, but we are far from sure) having this disorder, like how the **** does he know?

RobConcept
01-28-09, 02:14 AM

smerila

Hey smerila:

Try using one of the following for vocabulary practice. They are all spaced repition systems (SRS). They only work if you use them regularly - they work on a user feedback process that creates a personalised algorithym to help you recall information.

Each of these have their ups and downs, explore them and see which you feel is the most comfortable/intuitive interface.

Anki - <cite>ichi2.net/anki/ (free)</cite>
SuperMemo - www.supermemo.com (paid)
Mnemosyne - <cite>www.mnemosyne-proj.org (free)
</cite>
All the best!

ADXP
01-31-09, 10:44 PM
I just got a hard copy of this book after losing my mind trying to sit at my comp and read the e-book version.I have never read a book I have related to so much and has helped me understand how I feel and how I am.I have suggested this book before and am doing it again

Would you mind giving a 2 sentence synopsis?

Who is he? Isn't he the cousin of Michael Gorbachev or Putin?

WNBRIZ
02-03-09, 03:10 AM
I found the science behind this book very bad.
About that gene being activated and ****...
Ranting about people who lived 500 years ago (WHOM WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A DRAWING OF, except for that one sketch that MAY BE Da Vinci, but we are far from sure) having this disorder, like how the **** does he know?

Leonardo Da Vinci is not a fictitious character and ADD is not something that was just came about in the 21 century (only the discovery of it). How we tell he was ADD is the same way we diagnose ADD today, through mannerisms. Laporto rants out about him because A. He was a genius in every sence of the word for his time and B. His wisdom can be very inspiring to virtually anyone expectially ADD'ers.

The science I don't believe was bad, it was just simplified to get the essential points across the to reader. (which is smart considering his readers are ADD'ers who hate all the excessive details that don't really matter)

Annwn
05-19-09, 03:46 PM
I have been getting the emails on this product (just read one) and I am extremely skeptical.

Not that there are not certain advantages to being wired that way, when I have been able to tap into it, I have been able to do amazing things.

My issue is that it is so wrapped in marketing and feel good promises that I do not trust it. Here is my singular concern and this is what we should all keep in mind:

It feels and looks like a *product* that is designed to be *sold* more than *used*.

Oscar Smith
05-30-09, 03:38 PM
I downloaded this book the othernight and I've taken a quick skim through it. My thinking was what have I got to lose and it will probably be a good read if nothing else. I agree Annwn, the marketing hype is a bit strong. I am what the author describes as a de Vinci type. My first reaction was wow, this is a great encouragement, but as I got farther in had to concentrate a bit. I think anybody who hasn't got first rate concentration may find this book hard work. But then he does give some good points on a deep subject. He doesn't even claim to be at all original. He admits most of his ideas are from the work of the widely accepted psychologist Otto Rank.

anon9000
08-06-09, 11:41 PM
i picked it up. worth a read even if you just read it to learn about rank.

Maroev
09-20-09, 12:27 PM
I recently skimmed through the ebook too, and am still rather skeptical really. Having read numerous self-help books in the past ('Awaken the Giant Within' by Tony Robbins, 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill etc), it seems that this book gravitates towards the self-help type. Oh well. The fact that there isn't really much of a 'method' to learn in the book makes it so much more unbelievable.

Maroev
09-20-09, 12:33 PM
Found it a little incredulous that the author of the book claimed that 1 out of 10 people are 'davinci types'. Oh please.

I wonder how many people who are not add/adhd and felt like they were 'davinci types' right after reading it. Perhaps it's another of those books that ANYONE can find resonance with?

Cacho
01-12-10, 06:47 PM
Can anyone give a synopsis?

Is this a biography of Da Vinci or a self help book?

monastic
04-12-10, 11:29 AM
I just discovered this book, The DaVinci Method, and it feels like I found the key to my entire existence. I'm only 1/3 of the way through and already I have so many insights, epiphanies and revelations I am floored. Completely blown away. Unbelievable.

The marketing is unfortunate; it does have that cheesy, scammy look with the long-page ads and call-to-action "BUY NOW!" buttons, etc. However, the book is also conventionally available through Amazon.com (though you do get more value for your buck if you order through the online ads.) I also found reliable articles elsewhere about the DaVinci Method that offered credibility for LoPorto's work. I did my homework and found the book to be sound. It also helps that I do contract work for some of the people who post those cheesy, scammy-looking ads and their work is also sound, so that kind of advertising is simply, disappointingly the norm now. Apparently it truly does appeal to a mass audience. It works; that's why more and more marketers are employing it.

One thing I am really seeing is that the book addresses states of awareness I used to achieve when I was studying meditation, trance states and shamanic practice. It is encouraging for me to see that I already know how to do this Alpha-Theta brainwave stuff - and I know where it can take me - I just have lost the skill and the focus over the years, but I can surely train myself back into it. Also, it's enlightening to see that I was intuitively doing things I needed to do before my life got away from me, so maybe I can tap into that natural intuition again.

This stuff is beyond ADD/ADHD; this is a whole new approach from a positive direction, it removes the stigma and the dysfunction from what should be a powerful gift, and it also addresses how and why society's bodies of authority deem our thinking as a "disorder" and seek to suppress it. We are "inconvenient" to the power structure because we can see the flaws, we can see the game, and we can undermine the underlying strategies at work that exploit populations. It is a study of history, sociology, mysticism, and power. It is the information I have been waiting for. It is a book about me. It might be about you, too.