View Full Version : Stimming...god it's annoying!!

Crazygirl79
01-04-09, 08:12 PM
Hey People.

I have this really embarrasing problem and I've had it since childhood!

The rocking chair is just about worn out...yet again as I keep sitting in it and rocking (mostly to music) and I feel this calms the nerves and tends to the overstimulation of SID (I do this in private of course)

Is there anyone out there that can relate??

Selena:confused:

wsmac
07-25-09, 04:48 AM
Wow.. no answers on this one?

I stim in several ways. When I first heard about Aspies (Asperger's Syndrome folks) and their stims, I wondered if I might be a bit Aspie.
I'm not, but I do relate to many things Aspies claim.

AngelNicki
03-08-10, 12:49 AM
I definitely do this. Actually, I rock my entire body. I sit and rock. It calms me! When I do have a rocking chairI w ill rock in it forever, but I don't have one where I live now! At my mom's I have a special rocking chair that I can rock all the way back and upside down on!

daveddd
03-08-10, 09:37 AM
i constantly rock if unmedicated , but for me its to quell the hyperactivity

meridian
03-08-10, 10:13 AM
There has always been a rocking chair in my home or office. I used to use them every day because I enjoyed them.

It is only since going on Strattera and having my motor cortex (???) calm down that I find that I can sit still, stand still, not pace, not be constantly adjusting my clothing, crossing and uncrossing my legs, tapping my fingers and moving my feet.

I have never heard of stimming. Although about 16 weeks in on Strat I had several days of very restless whole body motion for about 20 minutes at a time, a few times a day. THAT was incredibly annoying -- is that what you are talking about?

fracturedstory
03-10-10, 03:22 AM
I stim. I love it. It calms me down. I enjoy the feeling of moving my arms about, twist my wrist and flicking my hands. I rock when I need to concentrate on reading or listening or when I'm really uncomfortable. Usually when I'm about the town.
I guess I am just used to being autistic and I don't care if people notice it or call me weird.