View Full Version : Just moved to Boston - Need a psychiatrist.

pennylee83
01-07-09, 09:38 PM
Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADD 4 years ago and have been prescribed adderall ever since. I just need to find a psychiatrist in Boston that will continue to prescribe the medication. Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to the area and don't know where to start.

Thanks! :)

Tara
01-08-09, 12:39 AM
Have you tried the Mass General?

pADDyjay
02-01-09, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I was diagnosed with ADD 4 years ago and have been prescribed adderall ever since. I just need to find a psychiatrist in Boston that will continue to prescribe the medication. Any help or referrals would be greatly appreciated since I'm new to the area and don't know where to start.

Thanks! :) what part of Boston, Tara's advice is a great place to start...Im up in the northshore area...no problem finding md here...Boston has plenty of large medical school associated hospitals with mental health referals and MD info... take care, keep us posted we care:)

sillystring
02-07-10, 10:33 AM
Yup, I am in Boston too, and it really depends on what part or where you are willing to go. I know of a great psychiatrist in Belmont, but that may or may not be further than you want to go. I typically go to BMC for all my medical care, and they are absolutely great there. Do you have a PCP in the area? If so, you may just start by asking them for the referral.

melgage
04-17-16, 03:55 PM
Any advice on a northshore psychiatrist, so many to chose from. Been to 1 and his rule is he wants me to see him a few more times before he will perscribe meds.