View Full Version : Hi! New to Miami, Kendall area to be exact

psbee
01-08-09, 09:20 AM
Hi, I am new to the Kendall area and still in searce of a good psychiatrist. I recently moved from NC, and while there had one that was utterly awesome! I credit him in part with who I am today. He specialized in Adult ADHD, and was willing to work with me on all levels, especialy finding the right medication regiment, dosage etc. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows or sees a psychiatrist in Kendall or any other surrounding area? I am willing to drive as far as an hour away to get appropriate treatment, as well as pay for it, my mental health I have found is the most important thing in my life, not to mention everyone elses! I have made tremedous progress since diagnosed three years ago, and would hate to have any of it undone because I do not have a doctor or cannot find a doctor that is compassionate and willing to take time out for me, I have been considered a "number" before and I never want to go back there! I am one who truly believes that most of my progress has to do with looking at the inner me and not depending on a pill to do all of the work. I just would like someone that would be like I said, compassionate, and willing to work with me. Does anyone have any recommendations? Oh btw I am dx as ADHD combined type w/a co morbidity of depresssion and anxiety, as well as PMDD. My current meds are Dexedrine Caps 15mg, 2caps at 6:30am, 1cap at 12pm, and 2 caps around 3-4 pm. Zoloft 150mg. Klonopin 0.5 mg 1 cap 4x daily plus 1 extra if needed. I have a really good exercise, sleep/wake and diet schedule as well. Thanks for any suggestions or replies!!!!

ndnbutterfly
01-08-09, 10:18 AM
Hi and welcome!