View Full Version : Dex side effects - Clonidine dosage?

optimus86
01-09-09, 07:11 PM
What kind of dosages of clonidine are people on and what for?

Im interested in its dosage and dose frequency when used to counter the physical side effects of dexamphetamine.

Any input would be great!
:)

KDLMaj
02-01-09, 03:22 AM
Did you ever find any info on this? I'm going to see my doctor this week, and I'll be requesting clonidine or guanfacine for the dexedrine side-effects as well.

Mincan
02-01-09, 12:22 PM
Good luck getting the guanfacine with Dexedrine, I tried and got a curt smile and told no.

As for clonadine. I was on Ritalin from ages 7-12 or so and they had me on clonidine at least some of that time as I remember. (It just made me sleep). I believe I was on 10mg of Ritalin 2 or 3 times a day and I took 0.1mg of clonidine 2 a day. I remember it also being for tourette's and to calm me down from the insomnia I got from the ****alin.

KDLMaj
02-01-09, 06:19 PM
Hrm, did they say why? I haven't uncovered anything that would suggest that adding the two would be a problem. On the contrary, it seems like it would be the better choice since it seems to be more effective than clonidine with ADHD symptoms.

CAPRx
04-10-10, 01:04 AM
I am prone to anxiety and am currently on Dex 10mg QD (1xday). I asked my PCP to prescribe 0.2mg to help with the anxiety/insomnia and it knocked me out for the whole next day.. So I cut my dose down to 0.1mg and then to 0.05mg. I take it right when I feel the Dex wearing off (about 4 hours later) and it takes away any comedown anxiety/insomnia without the next day hangover..

Nikka
04-10-10, 01:50 AM
I haven't had either of these drugs, I'm in Australia and not sure if they're available here....or they could be called a different name??

I'm prescribed Xanax -1mg along with dexamphetamine sulphate - 5mg.
I take on average 15mg of dex per day with my last one never after 4pm. I rarely need the xanax because I don't have 'come downs' from the dex and they don't have the insomnia side effect on me.

If I do take xanax I find the next day the dex takes longer to start working sometimes like 2hrs, without xanax in my system they start working in 20 mins.

Nikka
04-10-10, 01:52 AM
Accidentally posted same thing twice sorry I'm new :o