View Full Version : Friday 1/16 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
01-15-09, 10:42 PM
So, how did you do this week?

Myself, I was preoccupied with the whole court deal, but managed to squeeze a few light workouts in. The biggest thing I did this week was start to change the way I eat. I eat horribly, and always have. Pretty much every meal is out, either fast food or nice sit-down type restaurants. We are striving to eat at home, and cut out the junk. That goes for LostInTheStars too.

Basically, between having the typical mess of an ADD life, we also have our own businesses which keep us quite busy. I'm a terrible cook, and it isn't fair to ask my wife to cook when she's working too. So, it has been hard not to eat out, for a long time. Heck, sometimes we don't even go to the grocery for months, other than a quick trip here or there. No wonder I have a hard time losing weight.

So, we started cutting out refined sugars and processed items, and eating more fruits and veggies (yuck :() and lean meats. Yes, my name is Mike and I hate vegetables. Tried to eat cucumbers and celery this week, and hated them both very much. However, I tried some other new things and like them. Mostly I just need to cut out the eating out and all of the sugars. I never have any energy whatsoever, so I researched foods that give you energy and we're trying to put those in our diet, and take out all of the junk that makes us feel bad.

So far, it hasn't been bad, and I've actually enjoyed it. Plus, it's a whole lot cheaper than eating out every single meal, and makes you less likely to die with a french fry lodged in an artery someday.

I think I lost a pound or two this week, too.

justcallmedorie
01-16-09, 05:06 PM
I exercised (ran w/dog) on Monday and was a sloth the rest of the week. :(

As Scarlett says, "tomorrow's another day". In this case, next week's another week.

20trackedmind
01-16-09, 08:07 PM
Well, I lost 1.2 lbs. But I have no idea why. I did not work out at all. My horse is injured though and I have been walking him by hand in deep sand for about 30 minutes a day. So, maybe that is it.

FrazzleDazzle
01-17-09, 10:47 AM
OOooo...

As of, like Wednesday, I got a touch of the tummy flu, had a few long evening appointments, and fatigue......:( so......
I think I'll be back on track today.

Jan 10, 2009
20 minute Upper body muscle WO
12 reps x 2 30 pilates abs
Stretches

Jan 11, 2009
14 & 10 minutes low body muscles workout
4 minutes pilates crunches = 30

Jan 12, 2009
55 Brisk walking

Jan 13, 2009
40 brisk walk

Jan 13, 2009
40 Brisk walk

mADD mike
01-17-09, 01:04 PM
Well, I lost 1.2 lbs. But I have no idea why. I did not work out at all. My horse is injured though and I have been walking him by hand in deep sand for about 30 minutes a day. So, maybe that is it.

I hope your horse pulls through okay and you can get back to having fun again with him/her. Walking in sand sounds like good exercise to me. That's hard to do when it is deep.

OOooo...

As of, like Wednesday, I got a touch of the tummy flu, had a few long evening appointments, and fatigue......:( so......
I think I'll be back on track today.

I hope you get to feeling better too.:)

The stomach flu is miserable.

amythyst
01-18-09, 11:19 PM
Well, I"ve been off the wagon, horse, train, whatever for a couple weeks...I was on a "vacation" for three weeks...visiting in-laws for the holidays...they are nice people but i really didnt want to go for that long. There's no reason I couldn't have worked out while i was away but I still managed to do a whole lot of nothing.

I'm continuing on with the workouts starting tomorrow morning...then heading out to my new job which will be a nice change. I'm not looking forward to having to work full time but being able to pay my bills will be good :) It's with a small company and I have worked with the owner before doing the same type of work...not like I don't know what I am getting into tho it is still a bit of a change in the routine.

Prusilusken
01-19-09, 10:01 PM
Way to go Mike! :)

Okay, here I am, late again...had to stop and ask for directions...

Sat: 60 min walk + ate okay
Sun: 30 min walk + ate okay
Mon: Slept for 22 hours straight...no exercise... :( Ate okay, maybe not enough.
Tues: 60 min dance + 30 min walk + ate okay
Wed: 30 min walk + ate okay
Thur: 60 min walk + ate okay
Fri: No exercise + ate okay

Look at all my ate okays! :D
And even if things were hard, I exercised more this week than I thought.
I have only been focussing on those three hours of dance I slept from monday.
I'm happy things didn't turn out too bad after all, and at least I went today, so it'll be on next friday again. :)

I think my weight is completely the same as when I last weighed myself, I think it was over a month ago.
I think I might want to get my own scale...still, my measurements haven't changed, so I guess I'm the same.

Cheers and good work everyone!
We're stickin' to it! :D

LostInTheStars
01-19-09, 11:12 PM
Okay, here I am, late again...

Yeah, me too! :o

I am up one pound - stress, maybe :p

I did a tiny workout on Tuesday, and a few small workouts later in the week.

I am really enjoying eating differently. I happen to like veggies :) and LOVE fruit :D, so this is my style. Even if it does require a little more effort.

DesertDave
01-20-09, 01:28 AM
I did pretty good this week!

Went to the gym for cardio 3 times. Added some new resistance things, too.
I decided maybe my tummy would benefit from crunches, so did too many of those yesterday. I hurt today. :-(

We're having unusually nice weather here, so I went for a hike in an area that has lots of trails to explore. So I'll try to do that every week - it's way more interesting than the same repetitive thing at the gym. Man, that is the most boring thing I've ever done.

No idea if my weight changed.

Prusilusken
01-20-09, 07:18 PM
Okay, eight ppl submitted this time...who do we miss?
I don't remember, but I volunteer to write them and give them a reminder if you help me make a list? :)

mADD mike
01-20-09, 08:30 PM
Okay, eight ppl submitted this time...who do we miss?
I don't remember, but I volunteer to write them and give them a reminder if you help me make a list? :)

Hey Prus, that's a very nice thing to do!

It looks like we are missing a few people of late:

Goddessonahiway
Meriellyn
Ian

Lostranslation - haven't seen her for several weeks, and she was a great fit-clubber. She had all kinds of adversity in life and was plugging away anyway. I hope things are okay for her.

Browneyes_326 - said she was coming back, but haven't seen her on here.

DotWithADD - I think she said that she was going to join in again too.

I think that's a pretty good list, off the top of my head. If I missed anyone, I apologize. I should have written some of these people myself, maybe even a few weeks ago, but I've been so busy with my wife's court ordeal that I just have been in another place mentally. Okay, I'm always in another place mentally, but you get the point.:p