View Full Version : Oatmeal Raisin cookies

FlakeyGirl
03-29-04, 03:31 PM
I was wondering if Spirit or anybody else knows of a receipe for oatmeal raisin cookies where you don't add sugar, you just boil the raisins in water and use the syrup for sweetening. My mom swears she used to make this off the back of the Quaker Oats box thirty years ago. I looked, but it's not there now, nor can I find it on their website.

Spirit
03-30-04, 10:26 PM
I'll see if I can find one in one of my diabetic cook books. Please bare with me as my hands are really full at the moment.

You might also check Sun-Maids website. That is one of the companies that packages raisins. Also try looking under diabetic recipes for that matter.

Mary
03-30-04, 11:31 PM
I will also try and see if I can find anything.

FlakeyGirl
03-30-04, 11:34 PM
Great ideas, Spirit! I will check those out for sure. Certainly, take your time. I mean, she's waited *THIRTY YEARS* to start up with the baking again, a little longer will not hurt a bit. My mom just retired and she's driving me and my poor dad bananas, looking for worthwhile things to do. She seems to have way to much time and hyperactive energy these days.

Dad and I thank you BOTH for your thought and effort in advance!

Mary
03-31-04, 01:37 AM
Flakeygirl, I am sending you a pm with a link for some oatmeal raisin cookies...I hope it helps.

FlakeyGirl
03-31-04, 12:43 PM
Thank you Mary! I think I found one that will do. Here is the link to it if anyone wants it.

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/OatmealRaisinCksIII.asp

Mary
03-31-04, 10:45 PM
I hope it wasn't too overwhelming that one site turned into quite a few...lol!