View Full Version : Pill Reminder/Timer software for smartphones

Driver
01-18-09, 10:35 PM
Has anyone found, or recommend, any software to remind you to take your medicine, that runs on a Symbian-based smartphone? (J2ME is fine too).

My phone doesn't have a simple-timer applet and it's annoying.

I'd like to be able to have an alarm go off 2hrs after I tell the phone I've taken my pill - I don't take my pill at the same time during the day because I don't get out of bed the same time everyday

magiix
01-26-09, 02:25 PM
most phones have normal alarms... like wake up alarms and such... I used to use that, my girlfriend still does. It doesn't have a simple alarm? or a calendar that allows you to have notifications for upcoming events? Just say you have the same event "eat meds" every day at 2:00pm, and tell it to notify you 5 minutes before! :) I hope your phone has that much capability ! otherwise i'm sorry! hope you find what your looking for soon!

Driver
01-26-09, 04:43 PM
It has a calendar feature, but does not have a simple countdown/timer applet (i.e., set it for 2hrs, and it beeps after 2hrs etc).

It looks like I may have to buy some software.

ADHDTigger
01-26-09, 05:17 PM
Driver, I don't know of add on software for your Symbian OS. I know that there is an app for the iPhone (I use something similar on my Touch). Can your phone receive messages from your computer? If so and you use Outlook, you can set up a reoccurring appointment and have it email you. If that is a workable solution, let me know and I can help you set it up.

I have Google toss me a screen reminder. I just don't close it until I have taken my meds. I want to say that Google will send the reminder to your phone as well but I would have to check.

Good luck!

Driver
01-26-09, 06:39 PM
It supports re-occurring appointments (and receiving emails etc). But I don't take my meds at scheduled hours - I take it every 2hrs. So some days my first may be 7am, others, 8am, etc.

ADHDTigger
01-26-09, 07:14 PM
That is decidedly tougher. I would just say that you set an alarm but I already know that a manual process would provide inconsistent results. I can see how it could be set up to cover each day but I doubt that would work for you either.

Be interesting to know what you come up with.

mysticalman
10-28-09, 03:33 AM
I use google calendar to keep track of my meds.

You can have it send you emails or txt messages.

MM

SpirallingSnowy
03-01-10, 11:34 PM
im looking for something in symbian too... ive got a Nokia N97 ..... I need to be able to put everything easily into my phone but the built in stuff only allows for like meetings aand to do lists.....

peripatetic
03-02-10, 12:27 AM
driver,

do you have a stopwatch function on your phone? i, too, take my medication every two hours and the first dose isn't always at the exact same time every morning, so plugging in all those alarms would have to happen daily (or i'd have to be more consistent...which, if i could do that i probably wouldn't need as much medication, right?).

anyway, iphone has a stopwatch thing where you can set it to go off in two hours, take your pill, and hit *start* again, etc, etc. it's part of the clock application that comes pre-installed. i'm not familiar with what symbian means with respect to phones, but perhaps yours has something similar that's already on there??

good luck with this; i know forgetting to take medication so that it overlaps can be a struggle and i was delighted to find the stopwatch feature:)

peripatetic
03-02-10, 12:29 AM
darn! i just read this, which i'm thinking indicates no stopwatch feature...

still wishing you luck with finding a viable solution, nonetheless:)

It has a calendar feature, but does not have a simple countdown/timer applet (i.e., set it for 2hrs, and it beeps after 2hrs etc).

It looks like I may have to buy some software.

Driver
03-02-10, 12:41 AM
This thread is rather moot for me, as I bricked my Symbian phone and I no longer take Ritalin. :)

For the record, I didn't find a solution.

SpirallingSnowy
12-22-10, 08:56 PM
dammit!! im still looking.....

SpirallingSnowy
12-22-10, 09:40 PM
Actually i just found an app:

Medica, Medication Reminder... costs $2 on Ovi Store.... trying it out... will come back and let you know how it goes!