View Full Version : Snow Day!

erratica_1
01-20-09, 02:40 PM
Oh, the pleasures of working for the government :)

Anyway, I *finally* got the top of my dryer cleaned off. It has been attracting random articles of clothing for months, and I had to reach over the clothes to clean the lint trap. Very inconvenient.

I also washed a bunch of dishes...and put them away! Usually they live in the drainer until they start falling out.

And...I found a place to put my cups and glasses. I have very little cabinet space, and so I moved my cookbooks from this rack on the counter back to the bookshelf and put the glasses there. Problem solved.

Oh, but I've been doing more fun things most of the day, like talking to friends on the phone, watching part of the inauguration, and taking pictures of the snow (and also my cat) :):)

pADDyjay
01-20-09, 03:04 PM
:) I just stopped in to say thanks for the happy post about the snow.

:(:)I however had to dig my car out from under another foot of winters magic, aah New England winters.

thanks for the post

ginniebean
01-20-09, 03:12 PM
Wow a snow day.. wish we had that in Canada, I could be paid to sit home six months of the year lol

erratica_1
01-20-09, 03:46 PM
pADDyjay: I feel your pain about digging out cars. Although I now live in an area that shuts down if someone gets hit with a snowflake, I used to live further north. And although our winters weren't quite as extensive as yours, we got a good bit of snow every year. I have distinct memories of the entire block out shoveling out their cars and making mounds of snow between them. (And it was always fun when the plows came through and pushed snow back into the cars :)). We kids got sidewalk duty until the piles in our front yards reached over our heads; then it was Dad's turn.

ginniebean: You may have to take matters into your own hands. I suggest petitioning the government for an official "Let's Build a Snowman Day." :)

kettish
01-25-09, 02:18 PM
8D Are you anywhere near Fayetteville??? I think you are! Lol. That was a nice snow day (or three).

Awesome about finding places to put things. I have to have places to put things or they just go anywhere, and the Piles begin cropping up all over the place.