View Full Version : Generic Seroquel?

gnbeg
01-20-09, 11:59 PM
I'm betting my psy up's my dosage soon. Just wondering if there is a generic form of seroquel? If not now, is one in the works?

The name brand is kinda expensive even with insurance. Not going to break the bank, but it sure would be cool if there was a cheaper generic available.

ADHDNEWB
01-21-09, 12:53 AM
nope. patent doesn't expire until like 2011.

AstraZeneca's patent for Seroquel expires in September 2011, which will allow other companies to manufacture and market quetiapine.

elegy
01-21-09, 02:02 PM
Man, I'm right there with you - Seroquel is expensive!

But yeah, the patent doesn't expire for a while, and even then, a generic may not come out until 6 months to a year later.

You can try getting higher dose pills, and then splitting them in half. You can find a pill splitter for real cheap, but you definitely need one for Seroquel pills. Unlike some other pills/tablets, those babies are tough! Lol.

ADHDNEWB
01-21-09, 02:51 PM
Man, I'm right there with you - Seroquel is expensive!

But yeah, the patent doesn't expire for a while, and even then, a generic may not come out until 6 months to a year later.

You can try getting higher dose pills, and then splitting them in half. You can find a pill splitter for real cheap, but you definitely need one for Seroquel pills. Unlike some other pills/tablets, those babies are tough! Lol.

naw, all you need is a good knife to split them in half. that's what i do.

gnbeg
01-21-09, 07:16 PM
I don't mind splitting pills. Got a pill-splitter from target that works well enough. I've split Seroquel and Ambien before. Anyone know what the largest mg you get for Seroquel?

elegy
01-22-09, 01:14 AM
I believe they go up to 400mg tablets.

netsavy006
01-28-09, 06:10 PM
The highest like mentioned is 400mg tablets.