View Full Version : Friday 1/23 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
01-23-09, 09:16 AM
Another week, another results thread.

This week I have struggled a bit with some bad migraines, as we are adjusting our sleep patterns. That's always a signal for me to get a bad headache or two, I just don't really know why. However, I worked out some on Monday and Wednesday, doing the workout that I made for myself out of other workouts, and getting into some long sessions of Wii Sports.

My goal is to do my new workout each morning, but I got so sore after last time that it took a few days to want to do it again. I kind of maxed out too quick.

So, what did you do this week?

20trackedmind
01-23-09, 11:38 AM
Ok here are my results-

1-17-09 - 1 hr riding lesson
1-18-09 - 1hr brisk walk
1-19- 09- 1 hr brisk walk
1-21-09 - 30 min walk, 30 minutes wii aerobic (running with weights)
1-22-09 - 30 minutes walk pulling wagon, 5 minutes wii aerobic and 16 minutes strength training
1-23-08- 138.2lbs ( exact same as last week)

stef
01-23-09, 01:15 PM
mon - thurs night: 10 or 15 minutes of back exercises (I "stole" them from when my husband had sciatic nerve problems) and a few half sit-up things.

and I've been eating a lot better! It's not a diet; but if it's calories at least they're healthy ones.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/image.php?u=21024&type=sigpic&dateline=1232150433

mADD mike
01-23-09, 01:30 PM
mon - thurs night: 10 or 15 minutes of back exercises (I "stole" them from when my husband had sciatic nerve problems) and a few half sit-up things.

and I've been eating a lot better! It's not a diet; but if it's calories at least they're healthy ones.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/image.php?u=21024&type=sigpic&dateline=1232150433

Us too! Diets don't work anyway, because if you just change for a short period of time, you don't benefit that much. It is hard to change, at least for us, so it's cool to see someone else try to eat healthier. Good for you!

justcallmedorie
01-23-09, 02:53 PM
Walked Thursday ~1/2 hr
Ran (and a little walking) today for ~45 min

Hopefully next week will be better?

Prusilusken
01-24-09, 08:46 AM
Good going guys! :)

Me:

Sat: 30 min walk, eating bad
Sun: 60 min walk, eating good
Mon: 3h dance lessons, eating good
Tues: 90 min dance lessons, eating good
Wed: 60 min walk, eating good
Thur: 60 min walk, eating bad
Fri: No exercise at all, eating hmmm...in between. Okay I guess.

Today (saturday, I'll go for a decent walk again 1h, maybe 90min) and tomorrow I'll dance a bit during a workshop, so I think I'm off to a good start exercisewise.
I hope my eating will be a bit better next week and for two days, my sleeping pattern has been great - I hope that'll continue as well. :)

Prusilusken
01-24-09, 08:49 AM
And of course I forgot to write everyone last week.
Sorry guys, I have to teach myself not to volunteer for things like that.
I should know by now that the probability of me living up to my promise is pretty bleak. :(

FrazzleDazzle
01-24-09, 12:08 PM
Hi everybody! :-)

Results for this week:
1/17 16 min Lower body WO
30 pilates crunches
stretches

1/19 20 min Upper body workout, 12 reps times 2
30 crunches
stretches

1/21 40 min Brisk walk

another really busy week, but at least got something done!

Watched my eating too, lowering the carbs and eating more fruits/veggies/proteins, and using my new (used) little georgeforeman grill! YAY!

mADD mike
01-24-09, 09:38 PM
And of course I forgot to write everyone last week.
Sorry guys, I have to teach myself not to volunteer for things like that.
I should know by now that the probability of me living up to my promise is pretty bleak. :(

Don't beat yourself up too badly Lise. I've been right where you are so many times in my life. However, what I've learned is that the fact that you thought of doing it, and volunteered to it, that shows that your heart is in the right place. That shows that you're a good person inside that really wants to help and reach out to others. That is a wonderful quality in a person. The fact that you didn't carry it out shows that your struggles with ADD got in the way.

I understand what you're saying about teaching yourself not to volunteer for things like that, and I've backed off some from doing so myself, but it shows that you care. Feel good about being a wonderful, caring, thoughtful person, don't feel bad because your disorder got in the way.

I know that it can be embarrassing, and sometimes I get sick of doing the same thing. But at least you stepped up and tried to do the right thing. That is very big of you.

Mike

DesertDave
01-25-09, 01:47 AM
I hurt my back on Monday, moving stuff to be hauled away. So I took it easier until that felt better.

Made up for it yesterday at the gym and today on a bicycle. Good thing I've been going to the gym a bit because I haven't been on a bicycle for ...ummmm... a long time.

It was fun. Tomorrow I may not think it was so fun, however.

amythyst
01-25-09, 07:28 PM
I started working full time again this week so it has been pretty busy...and tiring! I worked out on the wii one day and walked for an hour M-F. Being away from home all day has been good for the eating...as long as I remember to pack some healthy food before I leave the house. I have been really diligent in taking my meds when I'm at work because I am really unable to get anything done when I don't take it, and it is very noticeable to me as all I want to do is sleep at my desk :)

LostInTheStars
01-27-09, 04:30 PM
I sure am glad I am not posting late...:rolleyes:

I have actually been spending no time on the computer. It is harder than it looks. It has not led to my being more active or studying beneficial things or getting more chores done. I have done more creative things, though.

I have been spending a lot more time with food. Mike and I have both been eating better. That means buying food from a grocery store and not from McDonalds! ;)

I know I worked out Mon and Wed. Also one of the weekend days. My weight is the same.