01-24-09, 12:58 PM
I just don't wanna do it!

Anyone else feel this way?:mad:

ilostmybeer
01-24-09, 01:33 PM
every day

Angie_C
01-25-09, 03:28 AM
Im the opposite i do wanna do it... but i keep pushing it back!

ilostmybeer
01-25-09, 02:54 PM

i can respond so many ways...:rolleyes:

RedHairedWitch
01-25-09, 04:11 PM
Yep. Life is chalk full of stuff ya don't wanna do. The trick is figuring out what you HAVE to do. And then you gotta figure out how to make yourself do it lol

Johnny123
01-26-09, 12:01 AM
i get called lazy by my mum all the time and it really crushes me.

kwalk
02-01-09, 05:16 PM
well if you don't want to do it that sounds kind of a conscious choice to me:cool:.

I tell my ma, just because i'm on the computer all day doesn't make me lazy. I just take forever to do anything on it, and constantly forget what I'm doing on it. And what really ****es me off, I finally work almost full time and still get told i'm lazy.

stillfightin
02-01-09, 06:38 PM
Exactly - There are a lot of things that we simply not choose to do but get labeled as lazy...

ShinyThings
02-12-09, 12:57 PM
I usually want to do whatever it is (or at the least I want to have done it), but can't figure out how to switch from thinking about it to actually doing it. That's part of what I'm learning now . . .

ShinyThings
02-12-09, 12:58 PM
(Oops - I didn't realize this was the young adult hangout . . . I'm not that young. Just saw the thread title and it got my attention.)

mr.lazy
02-20-09, 09:21 PM
I had a shout at my mum today for calling me lazy, i had a bad day n she jstpushed me over. I hate being called lazy, but its all i get called by everyone, most of the time i just accept it but it rly does annoy me. (any guessing where ma name comes from -.^)

and its not that i dont wanna do stuf, i do, i jst dnt get around too it, or i forget, people jst dnt seem to understand that i realy honestly do forget they think i choose to forget............

kwalk
02-21-09, 03:10 PM
mr lazy i definitely understand your last sentence. Many people dislike with forgetting and very few give me a chance.

samtux
02-21-09, 03:42 PM
mr lazy i definitely understand your last sentence. Many people dislike with forgetting and very few give me a chance.

agreed :)

Grithor
04-19-09, 09:12 AM

This. :P

Michiko74
04-20-09, 09:26 PM
It's really hard to do things you don't want to. That's always there!

Don't be too hard on yourself, but think about what happens when you don't feel like doing something. It's not always your fault, so it's important to see if there's something you can do to help make it easier. You may still not want to do it, but maybe it'll be a bit easier.

And yeah, sometimes being an adult means that you just do it anyway. Or there's usually a pretty hefty price if you don't do it. But when that happens, when you're able to do something you really didn't want to, make sure you reward yourself! Hey, give yourself a pat on the back!!

kwalk
04-21-09, 12:16 AM
reward to myself would be SHOPPING!.. but i'm a poor kid so it would be mcdonalds dollar menu haha

crazycat1990
04-23-09, 05:58 PM
Same!

Myfamily and my boyfriend always call me lazy! It really p****s me off big time! :angry: They do NOT understand! Well actually my boyfriend should, because he is a lot like me so I think he as ADHD too, he certainly has a lot of traits! Maybe when I get DX'd people will understand...but I doubt it... :(

And the other thing is (and I think I read this somewhere) is that people with ADHD...hmm trying to think how to word it :p Well getting a job full time is a big achievment for them personally, because it is so much tougher compared to NT people. Yet from a NT's point of view, they're just thinking "They have a full time job, so what, everyone else does? They should still do housework easily etc etc."