View Full Version : I just had a revelation about my dishes

kettish
01-26-09, 05:07 PM
I'm ADD and I'm pretty sure my husband is ADHD. Either way, we both hate doing the dishes. I took them as one of 'my' chores back when we were trying to do assigned chores and hate them and never get to them in a timely fashion. It's the one thing in my house that both bothers me when it isn't done and I can't make myself do very often.

I was reading some tips online about ADD management and that often-repeated part about "if you can't/don't/won't do it, stop trying to make yourself and get someone else to." And it occured to me.

I could totally buy disposable. Paper plates. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO GET SOME!!! I will probably try and get some utensils too and maybe even cups. Dunno about the cups though. I always felt guilty about wanting to do this because I'm generally very environmentally friendly, but I'm done with it. So, YAY!!

Anyone else resolved a hated and dreaded chore lately in a satisfactory manner? How do y'all handle the things you really really really don't want to do?

ndnbutterfly
01-26-09, 06:25 PM
I too, hate to do dishes.

We've been using paper plates for as long as I can remember now. It sure beats washing!

ilostmybeer
01-26-09, 06:29 PM
Does anybody like doing dishes? If so, i bet they are OCD and they have their own forum ;)

RedHairedWitch
01-26-09, 06:49 PM
Paper plates are very, very bad for the environment.
They kill trees to make them, and they fill up landfills as dirt paper plates cannot be recycled.
And no they do not biodegrade as quickly as you make think, also just because something will eventually compost, doesn't make it ethical.
Styrofoam and plastic are even worse.
Please, just wash the dishes. I hate doing the dishes too, but I'd rather have to wash nasty dishes than look my (future) grandkids in the eye and tell them that Grannie did not right by the only home we have, Earth, because she didn't like washing dishes.

Paper plates and paper towels CAN be composted in your backyard however.

Driver
01-26-09, 06:53 PM
I hate doing the dishes too, but I cannot support the regular use of paper plates for environmental reasons.

The habit I'm trying to get into is just using one cup, plate, knife & fork, bowl, etc so that I only was and re-use one item.

ustilago
01-26-09, 07:06 PM
I hate dishes too. But I like trees. And I've become accustomed to breathing oxygen.
Seriously, two words. . . dish washer. . . rinse the plates and cutlery after meals, load the dishwasher, when it's full, add soap, push the button and get on with your life. It's easy. Really. I've trained a 5 year old and a 9 year old to do it. And we all hate dishes.

I'm not trying to be mean. I just get really frustrated with the "disposable society". Fire and forget. . . I know we're all AD(H)D in here but disposable dishes goes wayyy beyond irresponsible. Lets cut down all the trees so we can see the whales from the highway. . .

Where does plastic come from? Oil.
Where does oil come from? . . . Do you really want to increase your own personal dependence on fossil fuels so that you don't have to wash knives and forks?

Please reconsider. . .

FrazzleDazzle
01-26-09, 07:08 PM
Does anybody like doing dishes? If so, i bet they are OCD and they have their own forum ;)

LoL! That forum is also here! :D

Being OCD, it is really hard, tho not impossible to NOT do the dishes. I have evolved to taking care of them as I go along, rather than be faced with a mountain of dirty dishes I'd rather donate to Goodwill than wash. Soooo, instead of setting a dirty dish down, I just put it in the dishwasher, or wash it in the sink, shake it dry, (my folly, I don't always towel dry!!) and put it away. Then, no more worries. It's part of my rule of living, the OHIO rule, Only Handle It Once. :p

It's taken years of self-training to get to this point, and it is still fine-tuning. I hate doing them, but I do feel better having them taken care of. I hate work staring me in the face inflicting self-guilt.

gnbeg
01-26-09, 07:45 PM
I don't mind doing dishes as long as all the dirty dishes fit in the dishwasher.
Actually, even occassionally, I will even wash dishes by hand. But before you bannish me to my own OCD forum, please know that once I put the clean dishes on the kitchen counter, that's as far as they go. I am unable to organize the dishes once they are clean.

moo4dougie
01-26-09, 07:51 PM
I, too, am concerned about environmental issues. If you go somewhere like Whole Foods, you can find bio-degradable paper plates and utensils. Yes, they are more expensive. But you can feel better about circumventing dishes and not harming the environment.

ilostmybeer
01-26-09, 07:53 PM
my daughter is almost old enough where I can pass of this responsibility...kids are awesome

Driver
01-26-09, 08:01 PM
my daughter is almost old enough where I can pass of this responsibility...kids are awesome

My parents did the same thing - I HATE DISHES!! :D

kettish
01-26-09, 08:25 PM
FrazzleDazzle and Driver, thanks for sharing your strategies of dealing with dishes. :) And thanks moo4dougie for suggesting an alternative that at least helps with the environmental issue. Ilostmybeer, I don't have kids. :P Kinda wish I did at times so I could do the same!

I'm a little upset that some of y'all feel like I'm being completely irresponsible for wanting to resolve an issue that neither my husband or I are very good at taking care of. You guys make it sound like I'm a complete jerk about the environment! My husband and I take so many other measures though (and would be taking more if we had our own home and yard) that I personally feel we can have a fault. You guys name it, we probably do it, from recycling to buying local foods, from biking when I can to trying to buy used clothes, even 'green' lightbulbs and cleaning products. We do as much as we can, and I think could be forgiven for-God forbid-using paper plates.

And before you start in on me again, this isn't some back-slide into the terror that is the modern American mindset. Every purchase we make we consider, is this good for the environment? Is this healthy for us? And, can we afford it? When we make plans for the future, they involve energy star appliances, reusable diapers, and hunting when it's in season.

I avoided paper plates for years and years for the reasons you guys are giving me, but I really don't think that I should keep giving myself grief over it. Isn't learning to stop blaming ourselves unnecessarily part of this whole "adult diagnosis ADD" thing? I hate dishes. So does Vince. Instead of criticizing, can I just get some strategies for dealing with them? Or getting DH to split them with me?

ilostmybeer
01-26-09, 08:32 PM
FrazzleDazzle and Driver, thanks for sharing your strategies of dealing with dishes. :) And thanks moo4dougie for suggesting an alternative that at least helps with the environmental issue. Ilostmybeer, I don't have kids. :P Kinda wish I did at times so I could do the same!

I'm a little upset that some of y'all feel like I'm being completely irresponsible for wanting to resolve an issue that neither my husband or I are very good at taking care of. You guys make it sound like I'm a complete jerk about the environment! My husband and I take so many other measures though (and would be taking more if we had our own home and yard) that I personally feel we can have a fault. You guys name it, we probably do it, from recycling to buying local foods, from biking when I can to trying to buy used clothes, even 'green' lightbulbs and cleaning products. We do as much as we can, and I think could be forgiven for-God forbid-using paper plates.

And before you start in on me again, this isn't some back-slide into the terror that is the modern American mindset. Every purchase we make we consider, is this good for the environment? Is this healthy for us? And, can we afford it? When we make plans for the future, they involve energy star appliances, reusable diapers, and hunting when it's in season.

I avoided paper plates for years and years for the reasons you guys are giving me, but I really don't think that I should keep giving myself grief over it. Isn't learning to stop blaming ourselves unnecessarily part of this whole "adult diagnosis ADD" thing? I hate dishes. So does Vince. Instead of criticizing, can I just get some strategies for dealing with them? Or getting DH to split them with me?

If doing the dishes is that much of a pain in the ***, use paper plates. i promise I won't send Al Gore to your house. Yeah paper plates are are a no-no for environmentalists, so what, you sound like you make it up in other ways. IMO you can still be environmentally conscious with out being environmentally perfect.

Now turn off the damn computer, your wasting electricty.

meadd823
01-27-09, 07:50 AM

Way to stand up for your self - I like that absolutely no guideline violations

A site that may offer a suggestions as to where and what to purchase - this will allow for disposable convince with less environmental damage

Save Time and the Environment With Earth Friendly Disposable Plates (http://www.brighthub.com/environment/green-living/articles/21568.aspx)

or how about this idea

Edible Plate (http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/06/edible_plates_f.php)

No compost to deal with it is biodegradable as well as flush-able {okay it will be the next day any way :D}

and when you go to wipe your bums after flushing yesterdays plate you may want to check out which company uses the most earth friendly practices when making your toilet paper - here is a list

Shop Smart, Save Forests (http://www.nrdc.org/land/forests/tissueguide/walletcard.pdf)

Using recycled metal, plastic and paper goods will do some thing for the environment most haven't thought about - it will improve the economic environment - Right now the recycling industry is in bad shape and the smaller guys to medium guys are struggling - I know we are the smaller guys and we take to the medium guys - so buying post consumer goods will keep the recycling industry alive me out of nursing plus save the planet - I knew there was a win win win message in this some where

Mean while do try to help some one look for solutions - instead of criticizing the idea they do have. . . . .

Some times it just take a bit of compromising attitude {which I tooo struggle with finding} . . . .

Oh the dish washers I save energy by washing only when the dishwasher is full and not using the dry heat setting but letting the dishes dry naturally - this has the added benefit of giving me a good reason for putting off emptying the thing. . . .

We use disposable dishes some times but will also go with the old fashion eatable kind - two pieces of bread

Driver
01-27-09, 08:21 AM
My husband and I take so many other measures though (and would be taking more if we had our own home and yard) that I personally feel we can have a fault. You guys name it, we probably do it, from recycling to buying local foods, from biking when I can to trying to buy used clothes, even 'green' lightbulbs and cleaning products. We do as much as we can, and I think could be forgiven for-God forbid-using paper plates.

Allow me to facetiously demonstrate the fallacy in your logic:
I love animals and all. I mean, I don't eat meat, eggs, dairy etc because I care about animals. I foster sick & injured animals, as well have lots of pets. But for the life of me, I'm sick of my neighbours cat sh*tting and p*ssing everywhere around my place, so I trapped him in a foot-hold trap and then just let him starve to death.
I love animals and do everything I can, so I think I can be forgiven for this one inhumane act?!?!

ilostmybeer
01-27-09, 08:48 AM
I love animals and all. I mean, I don't eat meat, eggs, dairy etc because I care about animals. I foster sick & injured animals, as well have lots of pets. But for the life of me, I'm sick of my neighbours cat sh*tting and p*ssing everywhere around my place, so I trapped him in a foot-hold trap and then just let him starve to death.
I love animals and do everything I can, so I think I can be forgiven for this one inhumane act?!?!

using paper plates and starving an animal to death is hardly a worthy comparison. I thought I was in a ADD forum, this thread sounds like it would be more at home in a EPA or PETA website

Prusilusken
01-27-09, 09:50 AM
Kettish:
I'm going to Hell too because of my failure to do only good in all aspects of life.
Wanna share seats and look guilty with me? ;)

I use paper plates every once in a while, I shower instead of washing myself with a piece of cloth, I even struggle with keeping my showers short.
And I have an extremely decadent hobby. I keep tropical fish. Uses a lot of electricity and water just for the fun of it, not to mention the plain tickets for the fushies and the fuel used to get them here.
Oh, and my computer is on pretty much 24/7.
Among an ocean's worth of other no good things and actions.

I'm a terrible person.
I mean. I DO want to be an angel in this life, regarding environment and everything else, but I choose not to for comfort reasons, it seems.
I must say that I at least don't feel alone at all.
I don't know a single person who is not in the club.
Even Al Gore is coming with me - it'll be a hoot. :D

Anyways, even if I see the problem in your solution and cannot really defend it - I cannot bring myself to jugde you because of it.
I understand where you're coming from, and even if I was born a hippocryte like most people, this is one of the places where I set a boundary for myself:
I try not to jugde people if I can't even live up to my own standards let alone my ideals on the subject, and that almost always seems to be the case.
I'm plenty busy judging myself and not changing anything without taking on other flawed humans too...

I'm sorry you have trouble with the dishes.
I do too, and I have not found a viable solution yet.
I'm not even close. :(

On the other hand, washing the dishes is not very environmentally friendly either.
Neither is cooking on a stove. Oh no. My heating's on. Oh no. I'm wearing synthetic clothing. Oh no. I'm wearing wool. Oh no. I'm wearing cotton. Oh no. My mac was assembled in China - probably by little children - and is swallowing L as I type - and is not very bio degradable, even on a good day. Oh no. This dicussion makes me wanna hang myself, because it is a good and important discussion but there is no realistic solution to the subject...and I can't find a way to hang myself that is environmentally 100% safe.

Bummer...

Prusilusken
01-27-09, 09:54 AM
I hate dishes too. But I like trees. And I've become accustomed to breathing oxygen.
Seriously, two words. . . dish washer. . . rinse the plates and cutlery after meals, load the dishwasher, when it's full, add soap, push the button and get on with your life. It's easy. Really. I've trained a 5 year old and a 9 year old to do it. And we all hate dishes.

Please reconsider. . .

Not that I don't like your solution - I'm saving up for a dish washer myself - but would you consider it totally environmentally friendly? I doubt it.
It's the solution I'm going for too, as you can see...I just can't seem to make myself defend it in an environmental debate. Like with pretty much everything else I do. :o

kettish
01-27-09, 12:39 PM

I wouldn't have to use a foot-hold trap nor would I have to let him starve to solve that problem. All I'd have to do is call AC. Or trap the cat and take him to the SPCA or another no-kill shelter. Or try one of those high-pitched sound systems that are designed specifically for just such a situation.

You're entitled to your opinion. But since yours and mine obviously differ let's just agree to disagree and quit arguing over it, eh?

kettish
01-27-09, 12:44 PM
Hey everybody! :)

Talked to the hubby about getting paper plates, etc., and he didn't have a serious problem with it, but we decided we were going to try something else first. Driver's strategy of using only one type of dish per person sounded viable and we're going to give it a go before spending money on paper products, etc.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to the thread, and feel free to continue the discussion. I'll let y'all know how it's working in a few days.

Now if I can just figure out where to put the rest of my dishes so we're not tempted to use them all the time...lol!

Driver
01-27-09, 08:09 PM
OK it appears I failed in communicating my point. I'll avoid the tactic of facetious metaphors in the future (I was tired when I dreamed up that idea).

My point was that a life of virtue does not pardon the sins of the future.

RedHairedWitch
01-27-09, 10:05 PM
How about layer gardening? Paper plates could work well...

http://www.littlecountryvillage.com/Cottage-Gardening/Easy-Layer-Gardening.shtml

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf582744.tip.html

You can buy paper plates made from recycled material and ones that biodegrade better than the regular ones too.

The problem with landfills is that things just don't decompose and biodegrade properly in them. There's lots of other ways we can deal with trash.

They know how to make plastics out of food and fruit-stuff now, hehe maybe one day we can eat our own plates.

ilostmybeer
01-27-09, 10:18 PM
They know how to make plastics out of food and fruit-stuff now, hehe maybe one day we can eat our own plates.

thats like having your cake and eating your plate too :rolleyes:

</end corny one liners>

momof6
01-28-09, 12:25 PM
I use paper plates for alot of our meals (we have a composting program in our city so we just throw the paper plate into the green bin and no pile up at the dump). It just a matter of remembering to buy them when I go shopping :o

meadd823
01-29-09, 06:20 AM
OK it appears I failed in communicating my point. I'll avoid the tactic of facetious metaphors in the future (I was tired when I dreamed up that idea).

My point was that a life of virtue does not pardon the sins of the future

Ya know driver some approaches simply do not fit well with some people - I am not to sure why but when ever I try to beat around the bush or sugar coat some thing it comes out about like your version of facetious metaphors -

While a life of high ethics may not excuse any future privation it should be noted that people in glass houses should change clothes in the basement especially if they are under 18 and over 50 -

We all expose our less than perfect sides this is after all a support forum for ADD-

In the name of irony - You did really well with your idea of using only one set of dishes per day - but should that excuse your subsequent less than tactful metaphoric sarcasm???

Driver's strategy of using only one type of dish per person sounded viable and we're going to give it a go before spending money on paper products, etc.

Immediate rinse off also helps this idea work effectively - if ya don't have one of those dish drains - one can always rinse off the plate, cup and silver and place it on a dish towel .. . . Gary and I use the one cup method - although I prefer to use a plastic bottle with a screw on lid Those keep the liquid in the better - I reuse the plastic bottle several times - I clean the bottle out with a baby bottle brush the nipple brush works well with the screw on cap. . . I use these plastic soda or water bottles to put my green tea in before refrigeration - and it will form a seal - it is very handy and re-uses the occasional plastic bottle we end up with {as we normally buy soda in aluminium cans when possible}

mijahe
01-29-09, 08:57 AM
It's actually very hard to ascertain the exact environmental impact of a certain decision. There are so many variables to the equation and so many aspects that can alter a final 'environmental impact value'.

Point in case:
In Sydney, (Australia), the government are linking two major train lines together. Essentially, linking two East/West arms at the halfway point.

It was all to be underground apart from a small section that would cut through a pristine riverbed. It was a fairly unremarkable riverbed, but still native bush nonetheless.

The Greenies, (Aussie slang for people concerned with the environment), lobbied the government to keep it all underground, quoting a remarkable amount of 'environmental impact statements'. So huge was the lobbying that the government caved in. (Pun intended. :) )

So now it's underground through the valley. But at what cost?

1. The gradient is now so steep that the newest trains in the fleet, (which are designed for environmental concerns), can't get UP THE SLOPE. Major drawback there.

2. The gradient causes a deficiency in the train system such that they have to counter balance it artificially - extra electricity required. (When trains break they put power back INTO the power grid.)

3. The digger required to dig the whole required bucket loads of diesel. Lighting the tunnel while it was being built.

4. The whole project took a lot longer - extra electricity for the workmen at the site, extra trucks used, etc, etc.

Now, retrospectively, it really wasn't a good idea. Because making them dig a tunnel has now caused some pretty big long term environmental concerns. A bridge is a whole lot simpler, (both stations at either end of the run are at the same altitude), but because the Greenies had pushed an "ugly = bad for the environment" slant we now have a bigger problem on our hands.

Consequently, a "we shall not use paper plates" argument has the same issue. It does irk me that people do use paper plates instead of washing - but unless we have some solid analysis of what impact each has we can't say either way. It may turn out that using paper plates is a whole lot better.

Just think of it for a bit, (this is all from memory, so it will be wrong in places - feel free to correct):

Impact of dishes:
* Manufacture of dish
- ceramics - fairly neutral, although ovens run pretty hot. Requires bucket loads of electricity, and/or burning of fossil fuels.
- glazes - glass is usually used, but some plastics. Plastic byproducts can be nasty. Requires a fair amount of electricity.
- colours - a lot of colour manufacturing is horrible to the environment. Colours in their raw state are very toxic. Electricity.
- Transport of all of the above - heavy stuff more fossil fuels burnt.

* Manufacturer of dish washer
- Printed Circuit Board - Heavy metals used. Manufacturing process. Lots of ugly horrible chemicals.
- Components - Semiconductors, capacitors, etc. Lots of ugly chemicals.
- Software - developers, computers, lighting A/C.
- Plastics - O-rings, seals, pipes. Plastic/rubber byproducts are nasty. Although there can be some re-cycling going on there.
- Metals - Sheet metals, cast metal, alu, etc. Hot hot hot ovens. Burning of fuels and/or use of electricity.
- Transport of all of the above - heavy stuff more fossil fuels burnt.

* Detergents
- Horrible stuff - both in the manufacture process, (byproducts), and the use. Even the 'green' detergents have horrible byproducts during manufacture.
- Transport of all of the above - more fossil fuels burnt.

* Clean Water
- Well duh. :D

Impact of paper plates:
* Manufacture of plates:
- Tree lopping - de-forestation. Nasty to the environment, (unless it's re-cycled paper plates). Landslides, floods, air-pollution, etc. Diesel for trucks and machinery.
- Pulp mills - electricity and/or burning of fossil fuels.
- Pressing machines - electricity and/or burning of fossil fuels.
- Transport of all of the above - more fossil fuels burnt.

* Garbage:
- Landfill, (unless re-cycling can occur).

Now what's the right way again?

kettish
01-29-09, 08:59 AM
Thanks meadd823. I've gotta get the dishes in my sink done before I can begin implementing the new strategy, lol. Le sigh. I'm gonna go get on that right now before I lose too much motivation. :P

kettish
01-29-09, 09:04 AM
And honestly mijahe, I wasn't thinking about any of that, lol. I was just thinking that we never get them done, end up eating out because we don't have dishes to eat on/cook with, an mess our diets all the hell up.

If we could eat bread on my diet I'd try making bread bowls, lol. Once I get off it I'll have to give it a try. ;)

On the detergent-are the 'green' detergents at least better than normal ones? Is there a website somewhere where consumers may look up the eco-friendliness of certain products?

kettish
01-29-09, 09:08 AM
Immediate rinse off also helps this idea work effectively - if ya don't have one of those dish drains - one can always rinse off the plate, cup and silver and place it on a dish towel .. . . Gary and I use the one cup method - although I prefer to use a plastic bottle with a screw on lid Those keep the liquid in the better - I reuse the plastic bottle several times - I clean the bottle out with a baby bottle brush the nipple brush works well with the screw on cap. . . I use these plastic soda or water bottles to put my green tea in before refrigeration - and it will form a seal - it is very handy and re-uses the occasional plastic bottle we end up with {as we normally buy soda in aluminium cans when possible}

Oh, btw!! Those plastic bottles can be bad for you. The plastics in them tend to release certain chemicals/other plastics when they get warm so you should be careful with them. Personally we have a couple of Nalgene bottles that are made from 'safe' plastic and are practically indestructible. Lol. Always a plus if I'm going to be using it!!

mynameisjoanna
01-29-09, 10:06 AM
Just say NO to paper plates, please! Think of the environment.

I hate doing dishes too, but I do them as I go while I am cooking and it makes it a million times easier. If I wait until after dinner then forget it, I will never get them done.

EYEFORGOT
01-29-09, 10:16 AM
Thanks for those links Tammy. Those edible plates look pretty tasty. Like ginormous pancakes. lol

I am guilty of using paper plates. With 3 kids and on the go I use them as an inbetween for foods that are not messy enough for a regular plate, but not neat enough for just a paper towel.

I didn't know the brand "Marcal" was 100% recycled material. That brand is in my grocery store, so I'll just replace my paper products with it instead. Now I feel much better. :D

I wonder if the paper plates can line my potatoe "garden" I'm planning. I need to check on that.

Great idea folks! This is what the household section is for. :)

Driver
01-29-09, 10:26 AM
On the detergent-are the 'green' detergents at least better than normal ones? Is there a website somewhere where consumers may look up the eco-friendliness of certain products?

The "green" ones just bio-degrade nicely, but they still get mass produced in a factory, transported in trucks, stored in plastic bottle (made itself in another factory), etc.

Driver
01-29-09, 10:33 AM
Impact of paper plates:
Just to add: recycling is not a completely environmentally friendly process. Recycled goods need to be transported, washed, sorted, mulched, etc, all that requires energy from somewhere: typically either diesel or electricity. And then you've got all your usual problems of factory manufacture.

reesah
01-29-09, 10:52 AM
paper coffee cups, paper plates, plastic silverware here, unless I have a guest at dinner.

edit: also, I don't really worry too much about the environmental impact. The fact that I never drive probably evens that out, eh?

RedHairedWitch
01-29-09, 04:57 PM
I use the one dish method too, though I find silverware tends to pile up.
I have a large tub in my sink I use to catch was water in, then the water goes onto my cedar hedge, cedars are thirsty trees. This really cuts down on water consumption and means I cannot fit as many dirty dishes in the sink, since the tub is smaller than the sink, which makes me do the dishes sooner.

Also, this way I can lift the tub full of dishes out of the sink to fill the dog bowl etc.

You can make your own dish detergent, that is very cheap, works good and is better for the environment too. Plus lets think about the soap residue me must eat in our lives, especially if as ADHDer we do a lousy job with the dishes lol

http://natural-products.suite101.com/article.cfm/washing_dishes_for_pennies

http://www.stretcher.com/stories/02/02dec09b.cfm

mijahe
01-31-09, 06:16 AM
And honestly mijahe, I wasn't thinking about any of that, lol. I was just thinking that we never get them done, end up eating out because we don't have dishes to eat on/cook with, an mess our diets all the hell up.

Yep, that's fair enough. I was pointing out that the delineation point between the various methods of consumption are very vague. Paper? China? None of us have all the data to decide. We can make educated guesses. But that's all.

Personally, I prefer to use china plates, but that doesn't make it the correct method.

If we could eat bread on my diet I'd try making bread bowls, lol. Once I get off it I'll have to give it a try. ;)

Now, that's an idea I like! Edible plates. Yum.....

I'll be shortly needing this as well, mainly because we're about to invest in a couple of water tanks. I want to collect water off the roof to supply the dishwasher and clothes washer, and re-use the waste water for the garden and toilets.

Just to add: recycling is not a completely environmentally friendly process. Recycled goods need to be transported, washed, sorted, mulched, etc, all that requires energy from somewhere: typically either diesel or electricity. And then you've got all your usual problems of factory manufacture.
That's correct. As mentioned above there are so many factors and variables involved. It is possible to figure it all out and come up with the correct method, but I suspect that we would be all surprised.

pADDyjay
01-31-09, 11:04 AM
:)paper for me...makes the trashbag lighter...can stuff more in it...