View Full Version : Professionals or clinics treating ADD

09-18-05, 06:44 PM
I live in Tacoma so am not personally familiar with the Seattle psychiatrists, but Don Baker, MA, ADHD therapist in Seattle, highly recommends Dr. Philip Lindsay and Dr. Sue Wood. There is also Dr. Ted Mandelkorn on Mercer Island, a developmental pediatrician who also treats adults with ADHD when his practice has openings. If you call the office of ADD Resources ( ( which is located in Tacoma, we can give you more leads.

Cynthia Hammer, Director, ADD Resources

02-01-09, 09:19 AM
The local doctor recommendations of old were no longer any good so I began this thread with some newer information

Seattle area

The LEARN Clinic (

The LEARN Clinic provides comprehensive evaluations addressing a variety of learning, attention, and behavioral problems experienced by children, adolescents, and adults. Depending upon the referral question, a typical evaluation may consist of a diagnostic interview, an individualized battery of psychological and neuropsychological tests designed to provide an assessment of cognitive functioning as well as strengths and weaknesses in a variety of domains of functioning. A summary of test results, impressions, and recommendations are provided during a feedback session. We then provide a followed by provision of a comprehensive report documenting these findings and recommendations.

The Learn Clinic
University of Washington
3920 15th Ave. NE
Box 351635
Seattle, WA 98195-1635

(206)543-6511 - they even have a

ADHD evaluation brochure (

02-01-09, 09:34 AM
I have gone back to the beginning of this section and copied all post with doctor recommendations for the state of washington

Please note the members location in the user panel - or the title line

If you know of a place for ADD treatment especially those who will treat adults with ADD please do share here in this thread -

If you have a horrible experience with some one well that can be shared here too just please keep entries factual

Be sure to mention what part of Washington you are referring to as this thread is for the entire state.

If you are here looking for a health care professional and none is listed - I have a collection of directories that may prove useful Where Can I Find a Health Care Professional? (

04-01-09, 06:34 AM
If anyone is looking for a therapist in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I can highly recommend:

Ross L. Mayberry, PhD
4102 North Stevens Street, Tacoma, WA, 98407
620 15th Avenue East, Seattle, WA, 98112
Phone: (253) 761-1258

He's a licensed psychologist who specializes in treating teens and adults with ADD/ADHD.... good with co-existing disorders too.... can't prescribe, of course, but has a detailed understanding of medication issues.... and he's got ADHD himself, so he "gets it" in a way that many other therapists don't.

Old School MBD
09-26-11, 07:28 AM
Pullman Washington:

Karen Karpman, Ph.D.
Licenced Clinical Psychologist4
825 s.e. Bishop Blvd suite 401
Pullman Wa 99163
Phone 509 336 7367
Fax. 509 332 3514

She can provide comprehensive neuropychological evaluations

She did the eval and consults my psyciatrist who shares same office but they maintain seperate practices

My pysciatrist is:
Dr. Neils Neilson M.D.
Same address..
Differant phone....can't find it will can call dr karpman office and ask for dr nailsons number