View Full Version : Ruptured artery in hand

anonone
02-02-09, 11:57 PM
Hey, I damaged an artery in my hand a long time ago and didn't think too much of it back then. Its not noticable usually... but when I take Adderall I definately notice that it pools with a red-purple color.

I told a doctor about it once and he dismissed it.

Should I dismiss it too? Any supliments / topicals come to mind?

dormammau2008
02-03-09, 02:59 PM
get ot looked at with diff doc you really shoold do that dorm

QueensU_girl
02-08-09, 03:22 PM
You should not be able to see arteries. They are too deep. The blood in them is red, not purple. I think you mean you are seeing a 'vein'.

anonone
02-13-09, 08:15 PM
Just an update: Yeah it's actually a vein I damaged --I remember my mom arguing that the blood in my viens is blue because that blood has oxygin which is a very blue thing (that is not at all true however, and it never made sense in the first place now that I think about it. I got it looked at by a physician (while on meds today.. and a psych, but he sent me to the physician and didn't think too much of it).

The physician wasn't concerned with it. He didn't have much time to talk cause it was a walk in clinic but I'm just going to look into treatments that might promote the repair of the things topologically (-for good measure; it's prolly bad form to have blood taken out of ciculation and allowed to pool for my whole life).

I think it bleeds just as a response to the cold (and stimulant induced over sensative vessle-works). I'll have to check things out by getting the hand cold while off meds tomarrow.