View Full Version : Friday 2/6 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
02-06-09, 12:45 AM
Well, I did work out a few times, but not up to my pledge for the week. The hike I took last weekend in the snow and ice was a really fun way to exercise, and was great exercise at that. I haven't done as well when it comes to food, either. We had changed some things for what I thought would be the better, but it really drove my acid reflux crazy, and in turn, me. So, we're (okay, primarily me) going to try the Weight Watches points system and see if that is more balanced for me. I did it before and lost weight, but like so many other things, I couldn't stay focused long enough to make a permanent go of it.

I hope you guys and girls did better than me. I know I've seen some of you posting on the general thread about what you've done. I'll live somewhat vicariously through you this week.

So, what did you guys and girls get done this week?

Mike

kwalk
02-06-09, 01:51 AM
I've been doing yoga but have slacked off a bit lately, just doing some imbetween stretches.

I do really well when I get some music that gets me pumped. I perform stretches from a book, sometimes I forget a lot of the time if i don look at the book. Then I just make up or remember some stretches I learned through out the years, then do push ups and sit ups. I feel the best when I get my mind more with the music. I also try to concentrate of an object or whatever when i'm counting and stretching.

kwalk
02-06-09, 01:52 AM
oh I forgot to say..... I lost 5 pounds :) and at one point I stretched myself enough to do a split!

justcallmedorie
02-06-09, 06:34 AM
Sunday - 1 hr on treadmill @ 3 mph, various % incline
Tuesday - 45 min on treadmill 3.2-4.0 mph, 4-6% incline
Wednesday - 45 min on treadmill 3 mph, 5-10% incline
Thursday - 1 hr on treadmill @ 3 mph, 5-12% incline

Best week I've had in a long time. Feel better for it too!

mADD mike
02-06-09, 10:37 AM
oh I forgot to say..... I lost 5 pounds :) and at one point I stretched myself enough to do a split!

Congrats KWalk! Glad to see you down here. I've done a little yoga, as part of the Power 90 program, and that stuff is harder than I thought it would be. My wife likes to do yoga as part of the Wii Fit system.

Song of Mercy
02-06-09, 11:21 AM
Well, I did not exercise this week...but next week has started and with it a fresh opportunity....

Song

20trackedmind
02-06-09, 12:10 PM
1-31-09- rode two horses, 45min & 30 min

2-3-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga, 15 minute walk pulling wagon (1 hour, 15 minutes)

2-4-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 30 minutes wii strenth, (1 hour total)

2-5-09- 60 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 30 minutes wii yoga, (1 hour total)

2-6-09- Lost 3 pounds (136.5)

My pledge for next week is 5 workouts during the week totaling at least 75 minutes of yoga and strength each.

firstdesserts
02-06-09, 02:14 PM
Hey, congrats everybody who made it back here this week!

I did my hour-long walk twice this week. The second time was at the mall. Got blisters on my feet from wearing the wrong type of socks! So, with yesterday off and possibly today... Maybe I need to refigure my schedule with this thread 'cuz I seem to be a day or two short!

Anyway, plans are to make 4 rounds this week, 5 the next, and 6 rounds each week after.

P.S. I've loaded techno/dance to my ipod. I time the music to 60 minutes and maybe a talking watch track to keep time and away we go! It feels like I'm cheating!:rolleyes:

Prusilusken
02-08-09, 04:06 PM
Hi Song!
It's SO good to see you back!! :)

Okay my numbers:

Sat: 90 min fast walk with 15lbs backpack - ate okay
Sun: 1h dance lesson, 30 min walk - ate well
Mon: 3h dance lesson, 30 min walk - ate well
Tues: 30 min walk. No dancing because I went to the psycdoc to start my assessment and was totally spent after. It went well though. Ate okay
Wed: No exercise at all, but ate okay
Thur: 30 min walk, ate okay
Fri: 30 min walk, ate okay

Have been dancing both sat and sun in this weekend, so that's not too bad.
Tomorrow I won't be going dancing (winter break) but I will try to walk a few miles instead. And then I'll be going to visit my cousin (pretty sure he's ADD PI and maybe has a touch of Asbergers), where we will be working on each our projects. We both have tremendous struggles staying on task, so we are going to meet up and help eachother finishing our projects, or at least take a big bite out of them. :)
I highly recommend that way of doing things, it works well for me.

LostInTheStars
02-08-09, 04:58 PM
The hike Mike and I took was the best exercise I've had in a while! Did a couple other workouts at home.

justcallmedorie
02-09-09, 12:36 PM
Hey, congrats everybody who made it back here this week!

I did my hour-long walk twice this week. The second time was at the mall. Got blisters on my feet from wearing the wrong type of socks! So, with yesterday off and possibly today... Maybe I need to refigure my schedule with this thread 'cuz I seem to be a day or two short!

Anyway, plans are to make 4 rounds this week, 5 the next, and 6 rounds each week after.

P.S. I've loaded techno/dance to my ipod. I time the music to 60 minutes and maybe a talking watch track to keep time and away we go! It feels like I'm cheating!:rolleyes:
Thorlo socks are the only socks for me. They're somewhat expensive, but then again, I'm worth it (remember the L'Oreal commercial from way back?). I believe their website is www.thorlo.com (http://www.thorlo.com) - you might be interested in checking them out...