View Full Version : I want to lose 7 to 8 kg within 3 months; what should I do?

Imlingo
02-07-09, 12:56 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h3 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-outline-level:3; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]Hiiii<o:p></o:p>

[I]I want to lose 7-8 kgs in the coming 3 months. .. I am doing workouts, walking and exercises daily, but not getting the kind of result as I want. Can anyone please guide me?<o:p></o:p>

dormammau2008
02-08-09, 02:50 PM
what are you eating and drinking how meny calories aday its about 2000 for a worman and 2500 for a man!! what kind exseriseing you doing???? this all helpsss to give better advice dorm

ecu20
02-17-09, 05:04 AM
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h3 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-outline-level:3; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]Hiiii<o>:p></o>:p>

[I]I want to lose 7-8 kgs in the coming 3 months. .. I am doing workouts, walking and exercises daily, but not getting the kind of result as I want. Can anyone please guide me?<o>:p></o>:p>
This simple breakthrough process:

1. Eat less
2. Move more

:)

sarek
02-17-09, 05:53 AM
Imlingo, do you feel healthy?
Why do you want to lose that much weight? Are there pressing medical reasons?

Most people are quite stable in how much they weigh. If you pursue a reasonably normal lifestyle with a balanced diet and not too much junkfood and with sufficient exercise, you should always be OK.
The human body does not like to be forced into a different pattern. It will resist attempts to artificially stay below your optimum weight.

QueensU_girl
02-20-09, 01:49 PM
What is your BMI?

johnny s.
02-20-09, 02:45 PM
how many pounds is 7-8 kg? :D

Scarletta
02-20-09, 06:03 PM
Isn't that like 10-15 lbs? That shouldn't be too hard. The key is eat whatever you want, but just small portions. Stop before you're full. Moderate exercise is good but for weight loss what really counts is not eating too much.

Read "French Women Don't Get Fat."

noodlzzz
02-20-09, 07:13 PM
Eat smaller things more often. For example small breakfast, snack, small munch, snack etc. keeps metabolsim working
if your going to calorie cut, don't go below 500 off RDA or your body will start reserving fat
excercise regularly, try to do 30mins a day if possible
balanced diet

FrazzleDazzle
02-20-09, 08:05 PM
Have you had a discussion with your physician about this? There are some kinds of "diets" that are good for some and bad for others depending on existing health issues. It looks like 8 kg converts to about 17 pounds; in three months. That's the disclaimer. LOL!

Now for a tip: I know a lot of people who have really watched their simple carbs intake and lost weight without trying, me being one. (I went wheat free) They fill up on high quality proteins, fruits and veggies, and complex carbs at a minimum. (you still need fiber)

jadedmamajess
06-15-09, 08:04 AM
I wish I knew; I'd like to lose twice that amount... but seems like there was good advice given! good luck!

andyr
03-04-10, 12:39 PM
I lost 20kg in 10 weeks once, on Atkins. I stayed in the induction phase for the whole duration. But it's an extreme way to go, and it left me with gall stones. Still, having the gall bladder removed probably lost another 0.25 kg or so. I still think that the most successful diets I ever had involved reducing food intake much more than increasing activity. Problem with a lot of exercise is that it makes me hungry, and it's hard to control that. But I find that certain yoghurts are very low in fat and sugar (3.5g carbs per 100g), and tomatoes are very filling when I need a snack.

illmakeitsomeda
03-08-10, 02:14 AM
I think we should be diet buddies! I'm also looking to lose around the same amount of time within the same timeframe.

i dont think exercise really helps

whenever i go to the gym all i see are women with massive thighs and muscles.
and when i went to the gym i was massive even after a year..
what a waste of time on the treadmill

so...

what i would do is just have a very very clean diet
for example: pure proteins, and vegetables.
and eat small portions.
i dont believe in the eat very regularly 5 small meals a day thing because everyone who says they do that are really fat.

have a light meal in the morning (anything) is okay and then like a small salad for lunch and then a small fish with vegetables for dinner

wanna be diet buddies?

Ruby85
03-13-10, 06:10 AM
i dont believe in the eat very regularly 5 small meals a day thing because everyone who says they do that are really fat.

I do that and I'm not fat. I'm 5'1" and I weigh 110 pounds. It's all about calories consumed vs. calories burned. If you eat three meals a day and each meal has 500 calories, that's 1500 calories a day. If you eat five meals a day and each meal is 300 calories, that's still 1500 calories a day. There's no way you would gain weight from doing that, since your total calories for the day are the same. The difference is you would feel less hungry between meals and your energy levels would be kept even throughout the day. Eating smaller meals more often does help your metabolism.

Exercise does help, even if you don't need to lose weight. Everyone needs to exercise to stay healthy. I doubt you were "massive" after going to the gym for a year, especially if you were only doing cardio and not weight training. You might have a bit of body dysmorphia. Women don't have enough testosterone to build very large muscles like men. Unless you're lifting weights like a bodybuilder, you won't get massive by exercising.

Sit-n-Spin
04-21-10, 12:32 PM
I'm 5'2" and my doctor has me on a 1,200 calorie a day diet. I think what FrazzleDazzle said is right about what to eat. Also, watch out for "hidden" calories in little things like dressings and coffee flavors. The coffee flavoring I used to get was adding 200 calories to my coffee! That's a lot when you're trying to get under 1,200 calories. And keep the food you can't resist out of the house.

ETA: Someone mentioned yogurt. Greek yogurt has a great protein to carb ratio and is very creamy. Just be sure you don't get one with too much added sugar. I find my Greek yogurt in the health food section at one of our stores.

Werl
05-30-10, 11:12 PM
Try taking concerta, I lost a good 20 lbs in 2 years. I have bad eating habits.

GlindaBunny
06-04-10, 02:45 AM
Human bodies need exercise. Yes, all of them.

Furthermore, we need two types of exercise - weight bearing and cardio.

As we age, our metabolisms slow. One reason is loss of muscle. Our muscle tissue burns calories even when we're at rest. The more lean muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn all the time, not just when you're exercising. When you cut calories in order to lose weight, your body tries to be efficient. You don't just lose adipose (fat) tissue when you cut calories, especially if you cut them drastically. You also lose fat. That's one reason people can really wreck their metabolism by dieting. Lifting weights is a great way to counteract that.

Weight lifting has other benefits. The more force a muscle exerts on a bone, the more your bones are built up. This is why bones have "bony landmarks" (ridges, bumps, etc) where the muscles actually attach. This directly protects against osteoporosis in later years. Thick, strong, healthy muscles also protect against injury. In my time as a massage therapist, I noticed lots of women with very thin, tight back muscles who complained a LOT about back pain, "throwing out" their back, etc. The thinner and weaker a muscle, the more prone it is to tightness, irritation, and injury. Our muscles hold our bones in place. If they're weak and unbalanced, very bad, painful things can happen even when we're simply doing day to day tasks. One day we reach for a piece of paper and suddenly we can't turn our head without excruciating pain, and we wonder how reaching for the paper hurt us so much.

No, you won't get big unless you're doing high weight/low rep lifting for hours a day and possibly supplementing shady drug cocktails and insane amounts of protein. Weight lifting will do more for long term weight loss than cardio.

Cardio is still important. You want your cardiovascular system in good shape, and working your lungs while getting an optimal heart rate is great for that. It also gets your endorphins going; an exercise high is always a good motivator. If all you do is sit on the treadmill all day, though, you're going to lose muscle pretty quickly, and that can very easily lead to long term weight gain once you stop exercising and switch to normal eating habits.

According to google, 8 kg is 17.6 pounds. Usually dietitians suggest a rate of 1-2 pounds a week as a healthy rate, so your goal seems pretty reachable. One pound of fat equals roughly 3500 calories. In order to lose a pound in one week, you need to create a calorie deficit of 3500 calories for that week. Usually people exercise some and cut calories some for sustainable weight loss. You can find rough estimates online of how many calories your body normally burns in a day, and how much extra you would burn for a certain amount of exercise.

Sometimes it helps to keep a food diary just so you REALLY know what you put in your mouth during the day. It especially helps ADDers who might lose track because we have other things on our minds.

Here's one thing to remember, by the way, when you hear people say "oh - do this! I know a person, and she did XX, and YY happened" or "DON'T do this! I know AA and BB happened!" is that the plural of anecdote is NOT data. Correlation is not causation. In other words, just because a person at the gym has huge thighs does NOT mean that working out will make you big. Just because you know people who claim to eat a certain way and are fat does NOT mean their current stated habits are what made them fat. You could just as easily say that the decline of pirates is what caused global warming.

Follow the science. It won't let you down. :)

It might help to join a forum like sparkpeople.com. They've got some great tools and support.

Ltcomworf
08-17-10, 01:02 PM
fake insanity so they give you free money that can barely keep you alive
that's what most people in canada do, so you should too!!