View Full Version : O.K. So here it goes....

Rockin Robin
03-31-04, 05:24 PM
I have for the past few days been feeling really down and out. Last night was a horrible night. After my daughters parent/teacher conference and finding out that her ADD meds aren't helping yet (she has only been on them since Saturday) and seeing her scores and few other things that I personally dropped the ball on I was not good. I am currently on Paxil CR 12.5 mg and the first 7 or 8 days were great I was all good. But for the past few days I havent felt the best: tired, moody, and very upset. I cried alot last night. I was on Fluoxetine but they made me really sick: headaches, tummy aches, insomnia, the classic case of meds that dont work. So now I just want to feel like I did last week. I used to (used to being the key word) work during the day, come home, eat, clean, bath the kids, put them to bed and then start my candles and bath and body stuff and go to bed around 11 wake up and do it again. Which yes is alot but I enjoyed it. Now I just want to go home and go to bed. What is the matter with me? I have to know! My husband is at his wits end with me. He feels horrible in the past 2 months I got put on meds, his daughter diagnosed with ADD and put on meds. It is alot for him to deal with. He is a wonderful man never says boo about anything but i'm worried i'm going to hurt our relationship if I dont get stabalized soon. Anyone have any suggestions? God I am so tired!!!! I want my energy back.:o I am sleeping great I go to bed early lately earlier than normal but non the less early. Is it the meds is it time for a dosage check? I am going to the docs tonight at 5:45 so maybe she can tell me something.
Robin

Lafnalot
03-31-04, 06:19 PM
Ok first thing I want to tell you is depression is NOT a moral issue, please dont beat yourself up about it. The world is willing to line up with baseball bats to do that for you, do not jump in and help :)

Secondly ssri's often need adjustment. When on paxil i went through three levels of meds adjustment. Thats VERY normal----you are reacting normally to a rough time. Please call your doctor and see if he or she wants to up your meds.

Thirdly, do something nice for your husband. It really helps us show, not just say, how much we appreciate their person and personality. I also find that doing small projects that help someone, anyone, often help me through the really hard times.

I'll be thinking about you and will check in on you just to say hi.

Mary
04-01-04, 06:42 PM
All I can say is hugs Robin. If you need someone to talk with just ask.

Ace
04-01-04, 08:17 PM
Robin, you really sound down. I am sure that your family is going to be there through this, and you need to take care of yourself. I know how it is to feel so tired you just wish you could put your whole self in a sling. We're here to support you as you find your way.

Rockin Robin
04-01-04, 10:12 PM
Well, I went to the doctor last night and she put me on higher dose of Paxil. I am feeling much better and had a great day. I was able to focus today more than earlier this week. :D Thank god for good meds. I am almost feeling normal. So Thank you for your replys and I appreciate all of the help. It sure does feel good knowing that I have so many people around me that care and love me.
Robin

Mary
04-02-04, 05:23 PM
Robin,

Glad to see that you're feeling at least a little bit better. Yes, meds can really help, especially if it's the right med for you. I know I have really been feeling better since being put on Wellbutrin. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing.