View Full Version : Time to switch therapists? (Worcester, MA)

Geekacademic
02-08-09, 02:01 PM
I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety, depression, and ADD, about three years ago. Tried various combinations, and finally decided on Wellbutrin 300mg XL. Been working ok for depression and anxiety, but not so much for ADD. I was taking Adderall for a while, but stopped it bc of the side effects.

Last year I decided to start seeing a therapist again for med management, but she convinced me to try seeing her twice a month. She said she couldn't do one without the other. At the time I was working, and it was difficult, but I managed it. She was convinced that I did not have ADD, but I was a perpetual procrastinator and, essentially, "lazy". Fine. I'll work with that for a while.

When I started seeing her, I told her that my insurance would not pay for the treatment, but she kept saying "don't worry about it"... well, 6 months later, I owed her over $3000 bc my insurance was not covering it!

So, I stopped treatment, and have been seeing her mostly for med consultation. She still insists I don't have ADD.

I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation now, and for the life of me I can't get motivated to get it done. I'm totally paralyzed by the prospects. I know what I need to do, just not wanting to do it for fear/lack of motivation.

So... what do I do now? Time to get a new psychiatrist? I really don't feel like dealing with the insurance issue again, and going through the intake all over again!

Not sure what to do with this. I know when I did take Adderall, I was just on the ball with all my stuff, and was able to break through the anxiety and lack of motivation.

I'd love to hear peoples' feedback on this. Am I out of line here? Am I inherently lazy? procrastinator? Is therapy/meds the best option?

And self medicating with coffee is just not working anymore to "kick me" in the butt.

HELP!

Thanks.

dormammau2008
02-08-09, 02:38 PM
maybe NLP WILL HELP?? SERCH THE WEB you might find it usefull dorm