View Full Version : Happy Box!!!

jaimegerise
03-31-04, 08:00 PM
Wasn't sure what area to post this, but seeing as I did this for times when I am depressed, I put it here....if it needs moving, please do.

I found this idea SOMEWHERE, and did it this past week...and it's really cool!

I made what is called a "Happy Box". I made this for times when I am feeling blah and yucko and depressed and outright funky.

1. Find a box (or container to your liking) not too big and not too small. I used the box that my puter keyboard came in.

2. Decorate it however you like. I cut out pics of things I like (happy faces, colorful things, positive sayings, etc) and pasted them on the top of the box. I also painted parts of it and put glitter, etc...

3. Inside the box, put things that make you happy! I put a funny movie, an upbeat CD, some humorous books, a button that says "I am loved", a couple of notes from my hubby telling me he loves me, a small stuffed Grover, pretty lipstick, nice lotion....ok you get the idea...heh

4. Go directly to this box when you are feeling as I described above! I figure when I am down and out, I can go to this box and do something there that will make me feel better to some degree. If nothing else, it was sure fun to make!

I figure that this would be better than moping around, or eatting (my self medication) or anything that could be self destructive (or destructive to the sanity of those around me!)

Just thought I would pass this idea along to you all.....

:D

Lafnalot
03-31-04, 08:08 PM
I LOVE this idea. Its like first aid for depression. I find the less I have to think and the more soothing rituals I have the better I do-----------thanks Jaime :)

jaimegerise
03-31-04, 08:10 PM
no problemo!

Oh yeah, and I put some mad libs books in there....those ALWAYS get me laughing heh.

Lafnalot
03-31-04, 08:19 PM
Lol this is such an awesome idea. Im gonna have the little one helpme make the boxes, one for each of us here at home.

ffmickey
03-31-04, 10:36 PM
Jamie that was a really good idea. I like it so much I may just end up doing it. Like pudding said have the kids help me do it as well. I mean I have a problem when I am really depressed all I want to do is sleep so I mean doing something like that would help me out a great deal.

Thank you Jamie.

MrsBulldog720
03-31-04, 11:53 PM
Great idea Jamie, you are the best dootle doot ever...but how can i fit my craft room in a box???:D

love ya,
RebeccaDoot
:frog:

jaimegerise
04-01-04, 01:03 AM
You could put a sign over the door of your craft room that says "Happy Box" LOL

Lafnalot
04-01-04, 01:07 AM
I would say something but....

BeachBum
04-01-04, 09:03 AM
Chrissy, I am shocked! Actually I was thinking the same thing when I read it:D lol!

kat_in_mich
04-01-04, 09:56 AM
jaime kool idea.....i dont know how often i am actually 'depressed' and whether it is just the ho hums.....but it is a kool idea. thanks for sharing