View Full Version : Online calendars

Kunga Dorji
02-12-09, 12:09 AM
I have been using the hotmail calendar- but waiting for each new entry to download is a real drag
It would be good to be able to do a whole week or month at a time without having to refresh
Does anyone have any preferred options?

lostranslation
02-12-09, 12:23 AM
Google calendar is nice- quick, sends email or text reminders. It's free and easy to use.

Tara
02-12-09, 01:25 AM
I LOVE Google!!!

RobConcept
02-12-09, 04:07 AM
Jumping on the Google Fanboy train - It's perfect. Intuitive, customisable calendar appearance and more.

Aside from the upside of Email/SMS/Pop Up reminders (fully customisable), you can also get emailed a daily agenda in the morning (about 5am).

Furthermore if you're on facebook you can sync it with birthdays and events using fbCal (its an app, simple plug and play use). You can also sync it with iCal/outlook/etc.

RobConcept
02-15-09, 09:59 AM
Bump.

Just dropped a blog post on how I've got my GCal set up - step by step on how to do it.

Check it out here (http://robhanly.com/blog/?p=142).

ilostmybeer
02-15-09, 11:41 AM
Google FTW! sync it with iPhone or iPod Touch, mutliple calendars and integrates with all things google

samtux
02-17-09, 04:46 PM
google and it syncs nicely with my blackberry with the google sync app :D

Retromancer
02-17-09, 05:07 PM
Another vote for Google. Works well with dial-up. Waiting for off-line capability, promised to arrive shortly.

One useful option is the "daily agenda" e-mail -- a list of all of your appointments etc. for the day, sent to your e-mail inbox every morning. Go to 'Settings', then 'Calendar', then the 'Notifications' of the calendar you wish to use.

Kunga Dorji
02-18-09, 06:09 AM
SOunds like I'd better look more closely at it. Thanks all :)

pADDyjay
02-18-09, 11:48 AM
ok Im gonna google that gadget:) thanks all

firstdesserts
02-18-09, 01:43 PM
Yahoo has a list of holidays and observances for the year - I cut & paste 'em to Outlook...

Tara
02-18-09, 06:58 PM
I use https://www.nuevasync.com/ to sync my google calendar with my iPhone. I only use it for the calendar though, not gmail or contacts.

spaghettibrains
02-19-09, 06:48 PM
Kind of sucks I set up a Google calendar with a coach just prior to getting fired. I think a few weeks prior would have made all the differance. C'est le vie

Retromancer
02-19-09, 07:31 PM
It's still an accomplishment. In this life it all comes down to "seize and hold". I hope you are making use of it now. In the milieu you are in now it's too easy to drift.

Despite the way it ended I am still glad I was hired at my last job. It was a sit down job -- my first -- with ready access to the internet. I had a chance to familiarize myself with online applications -- beyond web mail.

I am great believer in online applications and jump drives -- the tools of choice for the Great Recession survivor.

Kind of sucks I set up a Google calendar with a coach just prior to getting fired. I think a few weeks prior would have made all the differance. C'est le vie