View Full Version : Book about ADD in girls?

Zara
02-12-09, 10:29 AM
Ok, this is maybe a bit lazy of me, but there is so many threads here, and I am not patient enough to go through all of them, so I choose the easy way:p

I want to read about ADD and ADD in girls and youths and it is so many books so I have no idea what to choose. Can anyone recommend a good book that is interesting and a bit easy to read and that is not intended for psychologists or something?

Thanks in advance:)

Zara

ADHDTigger
02-12-09, 11:23 AM
Look for the author Sari Solden. She is a psychologist with ADHD and writes specifically to women and girls. I believe she has a number of titles currently. The most common is "Women with Attention Deficit Disorder".

Tara
02-12-09, 08:13 PM
The Girls' Guide To AD/HD: Don't Lose This Book! by Beth Walker

Understanding Girls With AD/HD by Kathleen G. Nadeau

Gender Issues and AD/HD: Research, Diagnosis, and Treatment by Patricia O. Quinn (Editor), Kathleen G. Nadeau (Editor)

Attention, Girls!: A Guide to Learn All About Your Ad/Hd by Patricia O. Quinn (To be Published in April)

Zara
02-13-09, 07:12 AM
Thank you!
:):):):):):)

psychokitty
02-18-09, 04:06 AM
I just bought "Understanding Girls with ADHD"

what I like about it is the way it describes girls with ADHD at different ages (and types). My daughter is 5 and I find it hard to get information on this age. I just read a history that sounds just like my little girl.