View Full Version : Chocolate Coconut Caramel Banana Cream Pie

Crazygirl79
02-12-09, 07:35 PM
This is a rather naughty but cheap and easy dessert that must be eaten in moderation.

1 large pre made tart/pie pastry case
1 tin of nestle caramel top n fill
2 bananas
12 fun size mars bounty bars
1 can of whipped cream

First have the pie case ready, then crush up 6 of the bounty bars and place at the bottom of the case, then mix the bananas into the caramel filling and place in the case and then refrigerate until ready to serve and when service top with whipped cream and the remaining bounty bars (make sure you chop or crush them first)

Enjoy

stef
02-13-09, 07:06 AM
how many calories?! lol

Crazygirl79
02-13-09, 05:37 PM
Ha ha ha....I didn't bother counting

Selena

fizzlesticks
02-14-09, 10:55 AM
Oh my goodness, that sounds delicious!

LostInTheStars
02-15-09, 04:09 PM
Who do you think you are, coming here and posting something like that and then telling me to use moderation!!!! ;)

Just kidding! It sounds yummy, although I do not think we have bounty bars in the US.

EDIT: Ummm...since I am in the fit club, I should point out that I never indulge in unhealthy foods...

stef
02-15-09, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't that be a mounds bar in the US? (*shhh*, are we going to get kicked out of the get fit threads for posting here?? )

pADDyjay
02-16-09, 12:41 PM
:)sounds delicious...

they'll need a Big Foot to kick us after eating that pie:):D

mADD mike
02-16-09, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't that be a mounds bar in the US? (*shhh*, are we going to get kicked out of the get fit threads for posting here?? )

Yes, I do believe that might be a Mounds bar in the US.

And no, you won't be kicked out of the get fit threads, as long as you make some of these and agree to share. :D

Crazygirl79
02-16-09, 07:32 PM
Ha ha ha:p There's nothing wrong with having something naughty now and then!

Bounty bars are sweetened coconut covered in chocolate, perhaps there might be something similar in the states??

Note: I do not eat this particular dessert often...I'd be as big as a house if I did!!:eek:

But it is very very yummy...in moderation:p

Selena:)Who do you think you are, coming here and posting something like that and then telling me to use moderation!!!! ;)

Just kidding! It sounds yummy, although I do not think we have bounty bars in the US.

EDIT: Ummm...since I am in the fit club, I should point out that I never indulge in unhealthy foods...

stef
02-17-09, 07:56 AM
so if mounds bars are owned by the mars bar people - they changed it to "bounty" for outside the US (I've had them both I would swear mounds & bounty is the same)...but didn't translate "bounty" into something else. it is pronounced "boon-ty". why not just call it mounds (or I suppose "moonds")? very few brand names are translated actually. - ha, except the quarter pounder, just like they said in pulp fiction, it's a "Royal Cheese".

Crazygirl79
02-17-09, 07:24 PM
In Australia I've only ever known these yummy chocolate bars as Bounty Bars (pronounced Bounty) and have never heard of a Mounds Bar, I guess America and other countries might have different names for the same foods??

A Quarter Pounder being called a Royal Cheese in Pulp Fiction is rather funny and ironic as these burgers are served in Australian McDonalds restaurants aren't that cheesy although I like them in moderation...ohh I feel like one now (but I wont buy one!!)

Selena:Dso if mounds bars are owned by the mars bar people - they changed it to "bounty" for outside the US (I've had them both I would swear mounds & bounty is the same)...but didn't translate "bounty" into something else. it is pronounced "boon-ty". why not just call it mounds (or I suppose "moonds")? very few brand names are translated actually. - ha, except the quarter pounder, just like they said in pulp fiction, it's a "Royal Cheese".