View Full Version : Friday 2/13 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
02-13-09, 12:38 AM
Hope everyone had a great week! Here's your thread to let us know how you did.

Later,
Mike

justcallmedorie
02-13-09, 06:01 AM
Ok, without dragging my calendar out to look, I'm going to wing it here...

Fri - 40 minute walk
Mon - 50 minute walk
Tue - C25K (week 1 "reversed")
Thu - C25K (week 1 "reversed")

Wisefolly
02-13-09, 06:03 PM
Walked Mon, Tues, Wed.
Did not walk yesterday, but I cleaned Dad's office. I'm counting this this week, but I'm not counting it again. It wasn't something I usually do, but now it will be.
Did not walk yet today, but I plan to walk to my friend's house tonight for her party instead of taking a cab.
Also planning on dancing WCS tonight. (WCS = West Coast Swing)

Didn't do as well with the nutrition. Struggled to get out of bed yesterday and today, but I'm accomplishing things so that's helping.

Prusilusken
02-13-09, 07:02 PM
Good job! :)

As for me, not the best week, but not the worst either:

Sat: 3h dancing workshop, ate like a pig, but ended on green numbers because of the exercise. :D
Sun: Walked around Lund for an hour or so, ate well.
Mon: 30min walk. At my cousins' bought him dinner on the local mexican...totally overate...but it was goooood!!!
Tue: 90min dance class; ate okay.
Wed: Day off, no exercise at ALL. But ate very little for some reason. Good day: ADHD books and dance dvds arrived from amazon.com a full month earlier than promised! Woohoo!!! :D
Thur: Went to a friend's house and we walked her dog for 45mins. Beagle puppy; 5mnhts old! Aaaaw!!! Totally overate.
Fri: 30min walk, trip to psych assessment - doc says he is pretty certain I am right about my ADHD suspicion (Duh...I think:D) but I am going back there one or two times for additional testing to rule out thyroid issues and the like, and for him to get to know me better and be able to figure out if I have comorbidities (we're both pretty sure I do by now) to what extend, and if they should be treated as well.
I'm so impatient I wanna scream, but on the other hand I am so happy and relieved that he is taking me seriously and is so set on doing a proper job of my dx.
Next appointment is March 4th - of course the man has to go on holidays in the middle of it all. Oh...man, I forgot to wish him a great holiday. I should have done that. I'm afraid I put my manners next to my brain that probably lies next to the bundle of keys I found in the street the other day and wanted to give to the police *sigh*... okay, totally derailing, sorry - now: Overate again today. A LOT. :(

I don't know what's going on right now.
I've had my diet pretty much down since the beginning of september now, except for christmas, but now things are terrible! I mean (sorry men!) I have my period coming up, but I have been able to keep myself somewhat in check the previous times, but this time all I think about is food! Sugar and fat. In HUGE ammounts! Buggar!!! :(

Not much exercise either...but next week WILL be better.
My first tentative pledge in this forum:
1: Max ONE day of eating too much this next week.
2: Exercise HAS to be better next week than this, even if I'm busy - which I am.

Wisefolly
02-13-09, 08:20 PM
Good job, everyone!

Hey Prusilusken,

What kind of dance do you do?

(Sorry about the underlining, I copied your name so I wouldn't misspell it, then it linked, and I erased it, but the underlining won't go away!)

20trackedmind
02-14-09, 01:04 AM
OK, it has been a crazy week. I did not even meet my pledge for this week. My son's EKG came back abnormal and now I seem to have that on my mind rather than exercise.

2-6-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-7-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-8-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-12-09 - rode 90 minutes, walked 5 miles
2-13-09 - 137 lbs (+.5 lbs)

Prusilusken
02-14-09, 09:12 AM
Hey Prusilusken,

What kind of dance do you do?

I have been taking bellydance classes for ten years now, and a bit of indian too. Right now I am concentrating on fusions and different undergenres like tribal style BD and gothic/Darkwave, and the last genre is the one that finally gives me the opportunity for using my beloved knives and daggers while dancing. I have been wanting to merge those two hobbies of mine since forever...wish I'd done it before, but it seems my activities are always 5-10 years behind my own ideas, even when we're talking about really simple "just do it" ones...

I'd love to be able to dance pair dances like tango or lindyhop, but as it turns out, it's just not for me.
What do you dance?

20: Oh! I'm so sorry about that!
I really hope it doesn't turn out to be serious!
Completely understand that you haven't been keeping you plegde, but I think the amount of exercise you DID do is very good indeed, all things considered!

mADD mike
02-14-09, 11:43 AM
OK, it has been a crazy week. I did not even meet my pledge for this week. My son's EKG came back abnormal and now I seem to have that on my mind rather than exercise.

2-6-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-7-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-8-09- 30 minutes wii aerobic (jogging), 16 minutes wii strenth, 16 minutes wii yoga,
2-12-09 - rode 90 minutes, walked 5 miles
2-13-09 - 137 lbs (+.5 lbs)

So sorry to hear that 20tracked. I hope everything turns out well. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

I did minimal exercise this week, not enough to really even post. I got wrapped up in starting a new business, and that took my focus away. Actually, I'm just working on taking something I currently do as a contractor for some national companies, and taking it local, all on my own. So, I've been building a website, setting pricing for my services, etc. It has kept me preoccupied.

Another week is starting though, so I'll try to get some more exercise this week. Of course, I'm still working on the new biz, but now that I realize that it took me away from exercise, I'll try to make a point of getting something done.

stef
02-14-09, 07:34 PM
um, exercised one evening for 10 minutes
walked quickly from work to train station (10 min)
not so great...

mADD mike
02-14-09, 11:49 PM
um, exercised one evening for 10 minutes
walked quickly from work to train station (10 min)
not so great...

Better than nothing though, isn't it?

You'll do better next time, don't beat yourself up. That's what I'm trying to learn to do. Something is better than nothing. And more something is more better than nothing. (Is that even a sentence? :p) So, be happy with what you can do, and just see if you can do more next time.

Glad to see you on here, regardless of how much you could do last week. :D

stef
02-15-09, 06:29 AM
hey thanks!!!
also I forgot when I wrote that: I was still getting over jet lag.
Anyway it would have been hard to eat any worse than I did at my mom's!
It is so hard to eat healthier in the US: abundance of things very bad for you, large quantities & servings, inexpensive fast food... yikes.

mADD mike
02-15-09, 09:50 AM
hey thanks!!!
also I forgot when I wrote that: I was still getting over jet lag.
Anyway it would have been hard to eat any worse than I did at my mom's!
It is so hard to eat healthier in the US: abundance of things very bad for you, large quantities & servings, inexpensive fast food... yikes.

Welcome to my world. The wife and I work a lot, and work together, and usually nowhere near home. Being ADDers, it is unlikely for us to get up early enough to get meals prepared for the day that we can take. Heck, it is hard for us to find time to get to the grocery, much less prepare food for each day. So, you go to a fast food place, or nice restaurant, and you spend lots of money for little nutrition, and they keep making the combo meals bigger and bigger and bigger. Today's small was yesterday's large. That has been my biggest downfall, because eating out was a big treat when I was growing up, and it still holds that appeal to me, though I do get sick of it at times. We were somewhat poorish when growing up, so our food was never very good for us, because it was cheap and what we could afford. Learning how to eat better and actually doing it for very long is very hard for me, and packs the pounds on.

Song of Mercy
02-15-09, 12:43 PM
ok, well let me join the didnt quite make it group.

Song

LostInTheStars
02-15-09, 04:03 PM
I am proud of my Friday workout.
I also did a little more on other days, but not much.

firstdesserts
02-15-09, 04:59 PM
Like always without a real planned schedule, things come up! So instead of doing a one hour walk as many time as I hoped, I missed a day. But I did manage to squeeze one in on Saturday, my birthday (yeah, Valentine's Day)! It was one of those rare days where the chaos almost worked for me instead of against. (How to get...well all ready have cards...but flowers...oh, grandson's being dropped off 'cuz daughter and hubby have had enough of the baby thing...parenthood hit 'em hard!...Dad called...some chocolates...wife's Dad is on the phone...)

Essentially on track, which is amazing!

stef
02-16-09, 05:37 PM
Welcome to my world. The wife and I work a lot, and work together, and usually nowhere near home. Being ADDers, it is unlikely for us to get up early enough to get meals prepared for the day that we can take. Heck, it is hard for us to find time to get to the grocery, much less prepare food for each day. So, you go to a fast food place, or nice restaurant, and you spend lots of money for little nutrition, and they keep making the combo meals bigger and bigger and bigger. Today's small was yesterday's large. That has been my biggest downfall, because eating out was a big treat when I was growing up, and it still holds that appeal to me, though I do get sick of it at times. We were somewhat poorish when growing up, so our food was never very good for us, because it was cheap and what we could afford. Learning how to eat better and actually doing it for very long is very hard for me, and packs the pounds on.

I grew up on an ok yet very 1970s diet. The only way to break the pattern was having a kid, not living in the US and not having much money! of course there's junk food everywhere here - but not as much of it. for example you can't buy a huge bag of chips. a later dinner means less snacking, etc.