View Full Version : Anyone have an itouch, what apps do you use?

zach_&_sam_mom
02-14-09, 11:51 AM
I'm thinking about downloading the to do lists and the a remind me app. Someone correct me, but I don't think the iphone apps are the same as the itouch apps. I tried to find an app from the iphone thread and can't find it.

ilostmybeer
02-14-09, 12:14 PM
most iPhone apps work on the touch.

Here is what i use:

ToDo - Awesome free to do app
Twitterfon - free
fring - free IM tool
iheartradio and slacker - both are good free radios
iTimesheetLite - free timesheet app
Lose It - free weightloss app
Facebook - free

a bunch more, but those are the ones i use most

ilostmybeer
02-14-09, 12:15 PM
also now you can easily sync your google contacts and calendar with the iPod Touch here http://www.google.com/mobile/apple/sync.html

wsmac
02-27-09, 03:26 AM
Here's what I have, aside from the ones that come with it...

Clinometer - awesome inclinometer and bubble level (when laid flat)

Circle of Fifths - I can't use it because I don't understand it.

Digidrummer - tap the drum pads to play the drums

Guitar4You - Guitar chord finder

HazMat - To decipher those diamond signs on trucks on the road (used to
use the actual DOT handbook when I worked EMS)

HotBox - Game

iResist - To read the color band code for electronic resistors

Meditate Now - I use this one to help sleep better

SUZU - Supposed to be an alarm that gently and gradually wakes you up.. haven't used it yet.

TanZen - Game

Installer - From when I Jailbroke my iPod, to install non-apple apps

Cydia - Same thing as above.. meaning, for a jailbroken iPod

Earthscape - Just a cool world map, you can tag locations by people's pics (they post them on the internet)

MazeFinger - Game

Moonlight lite - My favorite game... MahJongg

BubbleWrap - tap your fingers really fast over all the bubblewrap bubbles (daughter loaded this)

Pulsar - I have no idea, but this was another one my daughter and her friend downloaded when they had my iPod.

myLite - Same thing as the two above.... "Why oh why did I let my daughter get ahold of my iPod!?"

Tap Tap - Yet ANOTHER app my daughter loaded.. but I kinda like it!

iTrailMap - Ski trails from 500 or so ski resorts

SnoCountry - Ski/snow reports from ski resorts

iBall3D - a ball, a maze, and lots of traps (yeah.. my daughter downloaded this too!)

PI83 - My simulated Ti 83 Scientific Calculator... maybe someday I'll actually use it in place of the real thing.

I actually have a few other apps on my macbook because I took them off my iPod Touch. Either I wasn't using them, they weren't being updated, or they just duplicated the tasks of an app I kept.

zarazz
02-27-09, 03:47 AM
I like using allot of the default apps such as the note pad and the calender but I also love my ishoot app and tap tap revolution

wsmac
03-14-09, 02:41 AM
My daughter just mentioned today that she has found MORE games I SHOULD HAVE on my Touch!:rolleyes:

I'm locking it up so she can't get to it!:p

What I really want to do someday is to learn how to write my own apps for the Touch.
I actually have a couple of ideas, one of which would be great for my work, but I'm sure it's all too complicated for me to learn in a few hours and get started right away!:D

I was showing my math teacher all my apps (she's got a Touch also), and she really liked the Pi83 and a couple of others.
But when I showed her how to take screen shots... for some reason, she immediately thought that would be a good way for students to cheat!:eek:

She was sorta joking.
But someone could go online, download information that could help them out in a test, or email themselves (or have someone else email them) info that would be helpful, take screen shots, and use that to cheat.

Not me though! I just need the music when I'm taking a test, and she's cool with that.:D

I imagine there could be a way to create a biofeedback app and wire it up through the connector from your body.
I'd go for that one!

addadultstudent
03-17-09, 11:37 AM
I have found that there are a lot of great 3rd party apps available, and free of charge. However, the third party apps do not run in the background so if you are like me and require reminders keep in mind these apps only function when they are open and running so they will not have any kind of alarm on them.

wsmac
03-17-09, 12:07 PM
I have found that there are a lot of great 3rd party apps available, and free of charge. However, the third party apps do not run in the background so if you are like me and require reminders keep in mind these apps only function when they are open and running so they will not have any kind of alarm on them.

Do you know if they work on a Touch that's been jailbroke?

I was thinking of doing that to mine.

ihpaw
03-17-09, 05:35 PM
Apple have announced "Push" technology in the next version of the operating system today, which will hopefully solve this problem :)

I've been finding Nozbe really useful lately. I've always struggled to find a decent todo list app that I can use on the web, on my computer, and on my ipod, and Nozbe seems to do that very simply.

addadultstudent
03-20-09, 11:57 PM
Do you know if they work on a Touch that's been jailbroke?

I was thinking of doing that to mine.

Hmmm, I have no idea. I've pondered jailbreaking mine, but I am really happy with it as is. That is a really good question though. Sorry I can't help.

wsmac
03-21-09, 01:56 AM
Hmmm, I have no idea. I've pondered jailbreaking mine, but I am really happy with it as is. That is a really good question though. Sorry I can't help.

From what I understand, the nice thing about jailbraking your ipod touch, is that you can undo it really easy.

I thought I had done mine but I don't know how to tell, and frankly... I forgot what I actually did and what the ipod did when I did it:D

RedSkittles
03-21-09, 09:58 AM
1. Tamagotchi (full version)-waayyy better than lite

2. Tap Tap 2
3. Facebook
4. Maze finger
5. Zippo Lighter
6. Fishing game
7. To Do app