View Full Version : Do you think you "neglect" relationships

samtux
02-21-09, 12:57 PM
Do you feel sometimes that you sometimes cant concentrate one people and neglect your relationships with people and sometimes you don't have the patients for people had never though of this in terms of add/adhd until a conversion with a friend the other day.

What do u all think?!

S

Squishey
02-22-09, 04:40 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I have some problems with social relationships, as i can only really have one friend (very close one) at a time. I cant keep up with the demands of multiple friends and relationships.

samtux
02-22-09, 05:16 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I have some problems with social relationships, as i can only really have one friend (very close one) at a time. I cant keep up with the demands of multiple friends and relationships.

Thats exactly how i feel ! apart from you worded it a bit better thanks squishey !

S

SerenDipity
02-22-09, 12:21 PM
I'm not a teen - sorry came across this post when I clicked on "view new posts" but I wanted to tell you that I was very much like this in high school (heck I still am now)

I never even realized it until a friend of mine in school told me that I really wasn't a very good friend a lot of the time. :(

Are you happy w/ one friend at a time? If so - then that is what works for you and that is absolutely fine.

It does get a bit easier as you get older as you aren't w/ your friends all day every day.

samtux
02-22-09, 07:16 PM
Thanks for that! and i think u may be on to something there i seem to get on better with people i dont see in school as to a degree they can be "neglected" as you dont see them so often

Squishey
02-23-09, 05:17 AM
Yeah. I used to have a couple friends, i guess i sub conciously picked my "favourite" and neglected the rest. I didnt want to, but its just the way i feel. I wish i was'nt so socially inept as to have only one friend i can maintain a decent relationship with.

samtux
02-23-09, 12:20 PM
I know exactly what you are saying there too ! any other takers on this whole conversation !?

Sam

Squishey
02-23-09, 09:23 PM
Perhaps not a different taker, but another take?
I find that as i got older, it was easier to maintain relationships. Romantic relationships are still pretty difficult, as i do not have enough time to devote to school, friend(s), work, homework, girlfriend, myself.
I cant go without time to read, or relax. Its a difficult acceptance but one i must live with.
Anybody else find that romantic relationships can not fit into your schedule and/or get neglected causing the relationship to break off?

mr.lazy
02-24-09, 07:23 AM
agrreeed

im having trouble putting it too words my exact view on this :P i am gna repost when i can manage to group my thoughts together :p

but yehhh defo one of the things i noticed could be related to me havin add

samtux
02-24-09, 12:39 PM
Yeah ! same again squishey this is all making too much sense ! :D

Cyanyide
02-24-09, 06:56 PM
Perhaps not a different taker, but another take?
I find that as i got older, it was easier to maintain relationships. Romantic relationships are still pretty difficult, as i do not have enough time to devote to school, friend(s), work, homework, girlfriend, myself.
I cant go without time to read, or relax. Its a difficult acceptance but one i must live with.
Anybody else find that romantic relationships can not fit into your schedule and/or get neglected causing the relationship to break off?

I totally feel this way, it's like I can't manage having a life and then a relationship. So one or the other gets neglected for a period of time... Right now I'm in a long distance relationship so I don't have to spend a lot of time with him/talking to him (I do text him kinda throughout the day). I think that's the only reason why it's lasted as long as it has. =/

Squishey
02-26-09, 10:25 PM
Its good to know you found a way to make it, erm, sort of work ^^^^^^^^
Im still searching for that solution :(

Ebzy
02-28-09, 05:21 AM
Yeah, I spend pretty much all my time with my boyfriend and neglect everyone else..

kwalk
03-07-09, 01:01 AM
this reminds me very much being at school and never thinking I had "time" to hangout with everyone as well as being exhausted after two weeks of just doing homework. Ever become ten times more spacey just from using your attention span up for the day?