View Full Version : Getting rid of tics

Squishey
02-23-09, 08:06 PM
I just developed a new tick a couple weeks ago. Teeth grinding. Its horrible, and im getting headaches (grinding is very hard) and ruining my teeth. I found that chewing gum completley overides my cumpulsion to grind, which i dont quite get myself. 30$ of gum later and i've stopped. As of now i do not have any tics :)
Hopefully it stays like that for a long time.
Anybody else have an experience in which they found a way to surpass a tick?
If so please share.

EYEFORGOT
02-23-09, 11:58 PM
Is it possible you were grinding your teeth due to stress? Maybe that's why it stopped, because you relaxed or your mind moved on to other things?

Squishey
02-24-09, 12:18 AM
It was not because of stress. Im not a stressed out person. I have been diagnosed with tourettes so this is not something else. There have been a couple of tics i have been able to, eliminate, through time with stratgies.. Such as blinking my eyes. When ever i felt like i had to blink, i would close my eyes untill the compulsion passed, even if it was a couple of minutes. It seems, well, perhaps its just me, but if i can resist the compulsion to do a certain thing for long enough (days or longer) the tic dissapears. Of course theres always a momemntary relapse, but it is not to detremential.