View Full Version : Medication

Squishey
02-23-09, 09:14 PM
Do you guys take your medication every day? or do you take it as needed.
I take it everyday when i have it, but i know lots of people who just take it to do home work, if they have a big test..ect
Any thoughts?

RedSkittles
02-24-09, 12:17 AM
My mom makes me take meds everyday. -.- im so used to meds now, that if i forget to take them 1 day, i get all twitchy (??) and uncomfortable idk, its a tick I have.

mr.lazy
02-24-09, 07:05 AM
Yeh same my mum insists i take them, but i often forget :s

FrazzleDazzle
02-24-09, 02:26 PM
Mom here :-)

My son just started a month or so ago. I leave it up to him if he wants to take them on the weekends or holidays, or if he doesn't need the benefits from them. But, he is on his driving permit, and I like him to be under the influence of meds while driving, I do notice a difference.

Cyanyide
02-24-09, 05:05 PM
I have to take mine every day...

I'm on 50mg of vyvanse and I just take it when I wake up, but I just started taking it a few weeks ago... What kinds are you guys on? Mine isn't really helping me all that much anymore. It did during the first two weeks, but like for the past week and a half it's been working less and less. :(

Except for the side effects. Those haven't gone away.

samtux
02-24-09, 05:14 PM
Lol at frazzle and the driving!

Michiko74
02-26-09, 08:28 PM
I do take my medication every day, but I don't always follow the prescription 'perfectly.' I'm supposed to take my dexedrine three times a day, but I find that depending on what I'm doing, I may not need that much. Of course, if I'm doing something that requires my full attention, than it's dexedrine three times a day plus the strattera as well.

You are the best judge of exactly how much medication to take. If you find that the ADHD symptoms are best controlled when you stick to your drug routine, than go ahead. Or maybe during summer holidays when you're active, but not necessarily on school stuff, maybe you'll find you don't need your meds all the time.

Squishey
02-26-09, 10:41 PM
Cyanyide,
If your medication is no longer working to your standards, tell your parents or doctor. Perhaps they could bump your dosage up, or change meds completley. Of course, only if you need/want to :)