View Full Version : Klonopin add stimulant or anxiety meds

blacktiestudios
02-24-09, 04:49 PM
klonopin seems to be the main helping effect helping me relax and have a clear head, it seems axiety is my main issues, causing sight ocd and depression, depressed tired when meds where off.

the stimulants i was taking vyvanse, then went to focalin xr which worked, now i am going back to vyvanse.
i am taking konopin and it helps so much with axiety ocd mood swings thats what i need.
but i heard its addictive.

so whats the best med besides klonopin for my axiety slight ocd and little not much depression.

vyvanse. klonopin or focalin klonopin are great mix for me

what about lexapro would that be the closet or best for me or something else

by the way i took concerta and it made me anxious and nervous

klonopin seems to be the main helping effect helping me relax and have a clear head, it seems axiety is my main issues, causing sight ocd and depression, depressed tired when meds where off.

the stimulants i was taking vyvanse, then went to focalin xr which worked, now i am going back to vyvanse.
i am taking konopin and it helps so much with axiety ocd mood swings thats what i need.

so whats the best med besides klonopin for my axiety slight ocd and little not much depression.

speedo
02-24-09, 07:10 PM
If not lexapro, then certainly another SSRI would be appropriate for your symptoms. You ought to talk to your doctor about it.

Me :D

fxfake
03-01-09, 03:07 PM

Does your OCD involve copy and paste? ;)

Be careful with klonopin. Taking it for more than a week (ballpark figure, it's highly variable) will lead to dependence. Withdrawal is not fun. On the other hand, it's a fantastic med. In my experience it has much less of the "fun" side effects than other benzos, which is a very good thing. It's very long acting, meaning that you don't have to worry about the sudden onset of withdrawal symptoms (e.g. like Xanax).

I would personally not plan on long-term daily use of any benzo (unless there was no other option). I'm taking Klonopin + stim now, but I'm only planning to take the Klonopin for a few months. I will have to taper off (never stop a benzo cold turkey without talking to your doctor), and that will not be fun.

SSRISs/SNRIs are often considered a better choice for anxiety. The problem is they can also cause dependence, if not as quickly as benzos. Doctors are a lot happier prescribing SSRIs & SNRIs, since they're not considered "fun" (i.e. abusable), and seem to have fewer issues with tolerance.

cairysse
04-18-09, 08:18 PM
i'm sorry, but i just cant help but chuckle at this question bc vyvanse also has addiction/abuse warnings. i think your combo is fine. :cool:

i take klonopin 1.5mg/day and adderall too and as long as that combo works, i dont plan on quitting either drug.

and as far as getting off of klonopins. i had to quit cold turkey bc i was prego and it causes birth defects, so no tapering off for me, and i didnt have withdrawals. my anxiety and tension and ocd hieghtened, but other than that, i was ok.

now coming of the adderall, excuse me, was a B*TCH. that one i tapered down! :rolleyes:

phenyl
05-04-09, 12:42 AM
Klonopin 1 mg 2x per day keeps my anxiety under control and doesn't interfere with my focalin for ADHD.

I think it's a great medication. Yeah you become physically dependent, but I couldn't really care less. My doctor has assured me that he'll never take me off clonazepam as long as I still wish to be on it, so I don't care if I'm physically dependent. I don't understand people who act like that's the end of the world when the medication's benefits are worth that. I no longer have debilitating panic attacks for no reason whatsoever and can give a cohesive and articulate speech to a crowd without puking and fainting thanks to Klonopin.

APSJ
05-04-09, 07:16 PM
I take methylphenidate and .5 mg of klonopin on weekdays, and stop both on many weekends. I've been doing this for about 15 years. I do feel like the klonopin loses some effectiveness if I take it without a break for a long period of time, but a two day weekend seems sufficient, and I don't have any withdrawal issues. It may be that I'm just on too small a dose to have them. I tried a whole lot of different medications before ending up on this combo, and it works best for me.

Arei
05-19-09, 01:05 AM
Klonopin is the only thing I've taken that has helped me. I only take it as needed, and it really kills alot of the anxiety to help me REALLY relax. I think my problem is more anxiety then anything. I have a touch of ADD but, I think it's something I can work through.

Wellbutrin did nothing, Vvyanse just took my appetite, Straterra strung me out like a druggie (only took that 2 days), and Celexa/Lexapro made me feel a little bit better but really not enough to justify taking it (side effects are meh XP).

matcam
06-03-09, 08:15 AM
what is klonopin my doc wants to try me on sodium valporate is this the same thing

APSJ
06-03-09, 11:21 AM
what is klonopin my doc wants to try me on sodium valporate is this the same thing

They're not the same thing, according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_valproate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam

Butterflyspit
06-18-09, 04:42 PM
I think like most things, klonopin dependence varies with the person's physiology and tendency to addiction. I took .5 to 2 mg for years -- not for anxiety, but to compensate for some side effects from some other meds. I didn't learn until years later that is was also an anxiety drug. I quit klonopin when I quit the other meds, and I had zero withdrawal symptoms. In fact, when I quite all the drugs this particular doctor had me doped up on, I felt SO much better.

Everyone is different. If you think you're susceptible to benzodiazepine dependence, it might not be a good idea. Otherwise, it might be a good combo for you. Only you can know. If you're worried about it, you might talk to your doctor about taking it for a while, then quitting for a while to see whether you've developed a dependence on it. Just a thought.