View Full Version : My first counselling session is next week

Crazygirl79
02-27-09, 05:43 PM
Hello People.

Just the other day I decided that I really need counselling and I made an appointment to see one next Wednesday and I will be taking a day off work to do this, in this session I will also ask the lady to help me find a psychiatrist in the Grafton area that doesn't charge like a wounded bull so to speak as I would like to resume taking medication for the ADHD and I also want to get medication for my depression as well.

I'll be honest I'm not coping well with this break up and it's not because I miss him...believe I don't! but it's a case of all of the abuse, the insecurities, the groundless accusations, the threats and the generally bullying as well as my own disappointment at things going wrong have all taken a toll and I'm emotionally fragile, I feel seeing a professional counsellor would be better than writing stuff up on here all the time and really getting no where, this is no offence to those on here who give advice..believe me it is appreciated but I need further help, I know it will take a long time to get better from this but I'm not going to allow it to ruin the rest of my life!

I will keep people updated as to how I go in the session.

Thanks
Selena

mctavish23
02-28-09, 12:44 AM
Good luck

You bring a lot to the FORUM.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

Crazygirl79
03-01-09, 06:17 PM
Thank you mctavish...your words are much appreciated.

Selena

Crazygirl79
03-09-09, 06:24 PM
The first counselling session last week went very well and I go back again this week....fingers crossed I'll actually learn something!

Selena

livinginchaos
03-10-09, 01:32 AM
I'm proud of you, Selena!

Counseling is not easy, but so worth it.

Driver
03-10-09, 02:11 AM
If you get a GP referral, your psych visits are subsidized by Medicare.

My net cost to see my shrink is $50 per visit.

Bluerose
03-10-09, 05:42 AM
Selena,

What a lovely name.

Break-ups are tough, really tough, no matter what the reason for them.

As for feeling fragile, may I suggest saying your own name in full out loud and telling yourself that you are the boss of you.

Just a little thing but it works quite well in reclaiming control of your own life, especially after a particularly rough relationship.

No miracle cure here but it might just help until your appointment.

Good luck with your appointment.

Crazygirl79
03-15-09, 11:06 PM
Hi People.

Thank you all for your support.

My counselling sessions are for free as this lady is on placement (she's a uni student) today I went to the GP and he gave me a referral for both a psychologist and a psychiatrist, the good news is that the government is going to pay for 18 sessions with the psychologist:) I will be bringing up CBT and IPT (IPT is interpersonal Therapy which is like CBT but it focuses on relationships/friendships and helps those learning to relate better to others)

I was also put onto 30mg of Zoloft a day and will resume treatment for the ADHD once I see my psychiatrist so with any luck things will work out for the better.

I've also apologised to some friends for my ppb's (painful person behaviours) and it's going well so far.

Thanks again.

Selena:)

Crazygirl79
03-16-09, 07:07 PM
I made a mistake with the Zoloft...it's actually 50mg not 30mg!!

Selena