View Full Version : Metadate CD and Tic's

Sox726
02-27-09, 08:29 PM
My son was put on Medate CD 10 mg which is the smallest dose, he is not hyperactive but has focusing issues in school, my older son was the same way. My little guy (age 6) was put on Metadate CD by his pediatrician on Thursday and by Saturday had vocal tic's. He had just come off of a cold and so I thought it was that (throat clearing). By wednesday (he was on the meds a week) I called the clinic and they said take him off of them which I did. I didn't give him any Thursday am or Friday am and he still has the tic's. I am very concerned, they said they would go away and they haven't even though he shouldn't have med's left in his system any more. I would just like some reassuring advice on this since I've never had to deal with side affect issues with my older son.

Spence's Mom
04-18-10, 03:13 PM
I do not know if this will help or hurt...my son developed a need to pick at his nails and the skin around them on Vyvanse...we took him off immediately and he is now on Metadate CD and is still picking...I was hoping he would stop but has not.

OneHotMess
09-08-11, 01:43 PM
Wow! My son has the same nail/finger tic!! That's so weird. He is also on Medadate. He also does this throat clearing thing.