View Full Version : Looking for some advice

GO_Dark
03-13-09, 03:52 PM
Hi all,

After years I can't believe that finally there might be some help for me. To me I feel like a classic case of ADD, I've already written on here enough about what i'm like and the problems I have however I am now seriously worried...

I think I'm going to go through one of my "**** it up" stages again, and i want to get some help before I do something stupid and make another rash desicion...

I went to see my NHS GP. The word useless isn't even good enough to describe her to be honest :o/ she said she will do some research but I can't imagine it's going to come to anything, she is basing her whole diagnosis around the fact that this was not spotted when I was a child...Something which I know from reading up here suggests that her knowledge is taken straight from the dark ages...

I'm happy to go private, I have cover through work and by god I am going to get my monies worth, the question is (and i'm sorry to ask but I'm just haivng real trouble getting all the info together and being able to read all the long PDF's the nhs churn out) how do I go about doing this? Do I need my GP to agree to it? I don't think she will so ideally I want to initaite it without them....

Does anyone know of any private speciailsits in the south (iuk obv) if so i'd love to hear from you. I'm thinking of getting a private GP appointment, is this a valid route?

Thanks

GO>.

nadri
03-14-09, 03:37 PM
GoDark, I sent you a pm with some suggestions. Hope this helps.